We are looking for responsible, technology savvy and trustworthy individuals to join OPENTEXT ECD product Technical Support team. You will perform a variety of professional duties around providing technical support to internal, partner, and external customer contacts. You must be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work under deadlines. Problem analysis, customer support skills, and previous work experience in enterprise information systems is desired.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following tasks and responsibilities will be central to this role:
- Handle support calls and emails from OPENTEXT customers, partners, and internal resources (e.g. consultants)
- Cover Live chat on regular basis by providing quick guidance and assistance in real-time for customer.
- Reproduce and perform in-depth analysis of customer issues to help determine causes, workarounds, and solutions
- Collect diagnostic data and assist in its analysis and trouble shooting. Assist in problem recreation and failure analysis of systems level issues. Utilizes a wide variety of test equipment, diagnostic tools and techniques used in problem resolution. May provide documentation and direct feedback Account Managers, Sales and other OPENTEXT Technical Support co-workers as appropriate.
- Effectively communicates procedural and routine technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment. Maintains a “closed-loop” communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status. Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolution with Technical Support Departments and, as appropriate, to Customers.
- Escalate customer issues to OPENTEXT escalation and engineering teams as necessary and ensure fixes and patches are delivered to customers in a timely manner
- Work closely with OPENTEXT product development team to ensure quality product delivery, supportability, and maintenance
- Participate in the maintenance of OPENTEXT online support resources, such as knowledge bases, tutorials, and technical articles, whitepapers etc.
- Provide technical input for external communications
- Form part of a support team to guarantee 24x7x365 support to OPENTEXT customers
- Required to be on-call on a weekly rotational basis, and shift work, holiday coverage will be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Position prefers an Associate or Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry related experience.
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to react quickly to interrupt driven workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, which include organizational, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills.
- A strong sense of urgency and professionalism is essential.
- Ability to support and communicate with customers over the phone or preferred communication method by customer.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess excellent research/technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain two or more operating systems (Windows, RedHat Linux, AIX, Solaris, HP/UX).
- Ability to install, configure and maintain one or more relational databases (Oracle, SQL*Server, Sybase, DB2), or fundamental knowledge of at least 1 programming language or development technology (J2EE, .NET).
- Fundamental understanding of N-Tiers Architecture. Basic understanding of Object Oriented Architecture.
- Internal candidates should demonstrate specific knowledge of OPENTEXT products. Familiarity with Customer Service Technical Support and/or customer facing/orientated environments is preferred.
- Education Required: Associate or Bachelors (or equivalent experience)
- Experience Required: 0-2+ Years
- Physical Requirements: No
Travel may be required.
Language Skills Desirable.
May be required to change work patterns as business dictates.