OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
We are looking for a Technical Consultant to join our team in Cork, resolving EMEA-wide customer queries and issues as part of the broader support team. You must have previous experience working in a technical support capacity.
You are great at:
• Facilitating the resolution of complex technical issues in all areas of assigned OpenText products by analysing logs, researching issues, or recreating in house.
• Identifying and reporting software defects and customer suggestions to appropriate responsible groups.
• Author as well as update articles to contribute to the Products Knowledge Base.
• Represent OpenText and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service in regard to finding resolutions to presented technical problems.
• Keeping the customer updated on the status of reported problems, as well as keeping the ticket tracking system updated with current information on the case.
• Providing suggestions for alternate support options for customer issues that are not related to OpenText’s products.
• Collaborate on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issues.
• Commit to continuous learning in an effort to keep current with industry changes.
• Demonstrate customer focus and empathy.
• Meet established service delivery guidelines such as customer satisfaction, phone based activities, resolution, schedule adherence, case documentation and case wellness.
• Responsible for efficiently managing the relationship with customers and thoroughly documenting their cases.
What it takes:
• Strongly developed analytical, problem solving, and trouble shooting skills.
• High level of self-motivation with a strong desire to solve problems and multi-task with priority.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (including technical writing).
• Excellent demonstrated customer service skills.
• Broad exposure to technology in general, depth of knowledge in area of focus (Specifically: Operating Systems, Business Applications, Database, Data Storage, etc.).
• Knowledge and experience with high-end technology (software & hardware).
• Ability to provide mentoring for other groups.
• Passion for technology.
• Customer support experience in a technical support environment.
• Customer focus & composure.
• Analytical & conceptual thinking. .
• Familiarity with Windows, Unix, Solaris, AIX operating systems.
• Experience with SQL and Oracle database and technology.