We are seeking to hire an experienced and passionate Sous Chef to join our highly-regarded Kitchen with a proud reputation for producing fine dining for every occasion.
- Providing high quality fine dining in keeping with the traditions of the House.
- Assist in design and delivery of fine dining menu selections for restaurant and functions.
- Assist with effective stock control – including cost control, quality control and seasonal optimisation in conjunction with menu offerings.
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers to ensure that stock control is optimised – quality, quantity, cost, delivery deadlines etc
- Take active interest in our Walled Garden, which produces organic fruit and vegetables for our Kitchen. This involves input into the selection for planting each season and the utilisation of the produce so that it reaches our valued diners.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with dining room staff, including regular updates on the content and make-up of menus.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with Management, including collaborative input into new menus and approaches to food production and or marketing.
- Ownership and control of the cleanliness of the kitchen and food storage areas in keeping with internal standards and industry standards & requirements.
- Maintain and improve upon the already excellent reputation of our Kitchen.
Skills, Qualifications & Personal Attributes:
- Proven track record as a Sous Chef in a 4 star or 5 star Kitchen
- Previous hands-on experience in a top class Kitchen, including stock management, menu production and provision of high quality fine dining.
- Proven track record of excelling in a fast paced and pressurised environment.
- Creative and innovative approach to all aspects of running a successful Kitchen.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Must be passionate, energetic and committed to setting and maintaining high standards in every aspect of daily duties, inspiring the best from your team.
- Continuously display dedication, reliability and a strong sense of judgement in the pursuit of excellence.
How to Apply:
If you are a well-regarded leading Chef, or a rising star with a passion for fine dining and a commitment to the behaviours required to build upon and maintain our distinguished reputation, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include a cover letter to outline your track record and achievements to date.