Role – Setting Out Engineer
Location – North Kildare/ North Meath
Reporting to – Site Manager
Contract Type – Permanent Full time
About the role
Glenveagh Properties Plc, a leading Residential Building Company is currently recruiting an experienced Engineer. Reporting to our Project Manager, you will be part of a team which is delivering high quality residential homes.
This role is to be based within one of our housing projects so strong experience with high volume residential build is a prerequisite. We are opening two new sites in the North Kildare and North Meath areas and will require an engineer on each team.
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Setting out
- Liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
- Supervision and monitoring of ground works and civil engineering contractors
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Management and co-ordination of health and safety matters on site.
- Quality management and BCAR co-ordination.
- Degree qualified in Engineering or Land Surveying
- 3+ years’ experience as a Site Engineer on construction projects
- Strong setting out experience- e.g. AutoCad, Total Station, GPS etc.
- IT literate
- Knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects
- Accuracy, attentive to detail, and a methodical nature are key
- The ability to lead, use initiative and be self-motivated
Glenveagh Properties provides employees with an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in a dynamic and rapidly expanding Company. We work to make a team environment that will attract the best people and give them credible reasons to stay and grow their careers with us.
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Long term illness cover
- Save as You Earn Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellness initiatives throughout the year