We are currently working alongside one of Ireland’s leading Medical Device manufacturers in recruiting a Senior Production Supervisor based in Galway
Summary of Duties/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the coordination and direction of cross functional teams of the designated production area(s) to achieve business goals.
- Maintain a clean, safe well-lit workplace and ensure zero lost time accidents.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements at all times.
- Maintain production supply to fulfil the sales and operations demand plan.
- Coordinate with supply chain planning, engineering, quality personnel and production management to ensure correct production staffing levels and ensure engineering and quality support are available to meet business needs.
- Ensure the timely issuing of internal reports which are used to determine the production area performance.
- Identify opportunities to improve work processes and methods by working with Business Excellence, tech teams and health and safety functions.
- Implement team goals and objectives and review on a timely basis. Lead and motivate production operators and team leaders to establish and achieve production KPI and profitability goals.
- Drive achievement of production KPI metrics through chairing tech team meetings and leading projects as appropriate.
- Ensure Team Leaders and Production operators are trained in manufacturing procedures as per current GPS, MPS, TWI and GMP requirements.
- Develop Team Leaders and identify training needs on an ongoing basis.
- Assume responsibility for internal and external audit actions associated with the production area to ensure effective closure of corrective actions.
- Maintain good employee morale and discipline, and manage all disciplinary issues in line with HR policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Summary of Minimum Qualifications:
- Education and experience equivalent to a related Diploma/Degree in Business Management, or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory/management experience, preferably in a medical manufacturing environment.
- Ability to plan and organise production schedules.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other functions and management team.
- Ability to work effectively as a manufacturing team member to achieve production goals.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing and production information, including production drawings, work orders, and related manufacturing specifications.
- Action oriented and enjoys challenges; drives for results; is versatile, flexible and is willing to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to identify improvements in manufacturing methods and processes.
- Understanding of relevant Oracle (or other ERP system) modules and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) proficiency.
- Green belt certification and lean manufacturing experience is desirable.
- Flexibility to work within different shift patterns is essential.