As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP assists companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP is the global leader in Business Execution Software.
SAP solutions help companies execute faster and smarter, with greater insight delivering better business results than ever before. We believe that the power of our people, products and partners unleashes growth and creates significant new value for our customers, SAP, and ultimately entire industries and the economy at large.
THE ROLE OF A SUPPORT ENGINEER IN CLOUD SUPPORT
As part of The SAP Cloud Product Support team, this role supports the SAP SaaS Cloud Product Portfolio. The Support Engineer is responsible for assisting our customers by troubleshooting issues, answering questions and providing solutions for reported incidents. It also is a combination of post go‐live customer support and/or system administration.
Main responsibilities include the following:
• Analyse incidents, research solutions and provide answers easily understood by customers
• Troubleshooting complex problems and provide the best available solution or workaround within the agreed service levels
• Document solutions to known issues and consulting questions
• Develop technical solutions to be posted to both internal and external knowledge base
• Liaising with Development and Field Teams to identify application errors and missing product functionalities for future releases (legal/non-legal requirements)
• Liaising with production management to identify and report application errors
• Document issues in a CRM system and defects in our engineering tracking tool
• Act as a liaison between our Product Management and Engineering teams
• Collaborate with other employees by providing important customer feedback, process‐improvement suggestions, new troubleshooting tips and other actions that involve improving our product
• Fluent English & German, written and oral
• Understanding the technical differences between on premise and cloud-based solutions
• Knowledge in Customer Infrastructure and Technology: Good knowledge of most common operating systems, MS Office Suite and basic networking concepts
• Good understanding of mobile devices & technologies, web services concepts as well as HTTP/HTTP protocols and XML knowledge
• Basic knowledge of a programming language (preferable an object oriented language) would be an advantage
• Understanding general use of add-ons, SSL certificates and system communications and security protocols
• Analytics: Understanding of report capabilities, how report fetches data, customization concepts in analytics and features such as broadcasts, cloud data sources, KPIs would be preferred
• Knowledge in business processes would be an advantage
• Self-motivated, self-driven, curious, open minded, resourceful and flexible with the ability to learn quickly
• Passionate about learning new concepts and technologies
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Active team player
• Ability to work with minimal direction
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Flexibility with working hours
Would you like to join us? Send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need more information, just call me on 00353 16 14 6078