The Data Excellence team is responsible for the lifecycle of Data, Business Intelligence and Internet of Things (IoT) related information systems.
We are responsible for the development of new applications, the continuous improvement of existing applications, as well as the day-to-day IS/IT support.
We work in close collaboration with other business and IT data teams within the Atlas Copco team. We are part of CT-IS (Compressor Technique - Information Services), which delivers services to the Compressor Technique business area of Atlas Copco. The department operates from the Compressor Technique (CT) headquarters, which is located in Antwerp, Belgium. CT-IS was founded in 2003 and employs about +100 people.
- Design the future common data layer from a technical perspective (data, tools, technology, integration, servers, performance, fail-over, high-availability, backups, disks, ...) in order to enable CT business area to become a data driven organization (supporting enterprise and self-service reporting, data analytics/science, streaming data, data integration, ... both on-premise and in the cloud).
- Review and design individual database architectures for new CT applications.
- Coördinate the replication of on-premise or cloud data to the common data layer, using appropriate technologies, with project teams and other Atlas Copco group IT stakeholders
- Review and audit database architectures proposed by third parties (suppliers, consultants, ...)
- Advise project teams on database technologies, systems and best practices
Maintenance and monitoring responsibilities
- Health check monitoring and recommendations : data integrity, servers, disks, logs, scheduled jobs, deadlocks, backups, statistics, security, compression, encryption, ...
- Performance monitoring and recommendations: indices, partitioning, query plan analysis, stored procedures, ... - data(base) migrations between various systems, or to more recent versions
- provide and maintain technical documentation
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support on databases
- You will report on your activities, status, budget and timing to all stakeholders
- Occasional interventions outside office hours may be required, in case of incidents
- You will report to the Data Excellence teamleader, within the Atlas Copco Compressor Technique Information Services department (CT-IS).
- Expert knowledge on relational database systems, Microsoft SQL Server both hosted on-premise as in the Cloud
- Experience in data transformation technologies: CDC, SSIS, Data Factory, BODS, ...
- Experience with Azure cloud database technologies
- Experience with Big data architectures is considered a plus
- Experience with NoSQL architectures is considered a plus
- Experience with technical impact of GDRP is considered a plus
- You are fluent in English: both written and spoken.
- 3 to 5 years experience
- Bachelor/Master in related domains or equivalent by experience
You have a passion for innovation and new technologies.
You like open communication, and a one-to-one contact with your business partners. You are a good communicator and are able to maintain excellent relationships with your stakeholders and colleagues.
You are open for innovation, and like to the think along with the business, however not afraid to challenge if necessary.
You have a “can-do” approach, and are decisive. You are not afraid of making errors and are willing to learn by doing.
You are flexible and prepared to work outside of business hours if required to meet a deadline.
You are customer focused, enthusiastic and professional.
You are proactive.
You have very strong analytical skills
You are result oriented and quality focused in terms of processes.
You are stress resistent.