We are looking for Movement Control Drivers to join our expanding team based in Mannheim, Germany. A CE Category must be on your driving licence.
Performs as a driver for all fleet vehicles that transport personnel and or cargo over varied terrain, and roadways; identify and report all vehicle deficiencies; prepare vehicle for movement/shipment by road/rail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to fulfill each essential duty satisfactorily.
1. Performs Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) on equipment (Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet) and reports any faults
2. Will be responsible for staging and prepping vehicles in current and future parking plans
3. Be able to drive and operate the equipment on site.
4. Driver must follow the proper safety procedures in order to minimize any danger to themselves or other workers.
5. Use the correct hand signals to guide vehicles and equipment around the worksite.
6. Complies with all current driving laws and regulations.
7. Checks loading of the vehicle and ensures that the load is correctly positioned and the vehicle is not overloaded for line-haul and rail movements.
8. Drive equipment to staging areas as designated.
9. Drive equipment onto train carriages under the guidance of Deutsche Bahn Load Masters.
10. Be able to deploy with the Equipment Configuration Hand-off Area (ECHA) team to other work sites.
11. Drives trucks to destination for pickup and delivery based on instructions or directions received, and by using maps or Satellite Navigation (SAT NAV).
12. Secures loads being transported to ensure safe and undamaged loads at destination.1
3. Reports and receives direction via radio or cellular phone.
14. Assists in loading and unloading of material transported.
15. Be utilized as a crossing guard for inbound/outbound trains after training.
16. Maintain a daily timesheet and daily manning report and ensuring times are accurate.
Qualification & Experience Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.