About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
We are looking for a Technical Support Scientist, with a background in either Protein Biology (Antibodies staining/Protein expression-purification) or Molecular Biology or Cell Biology, to join our Budapest Tech support team. You will provide advice and help to Thermo Fisher Scientific customers in the EMEA territory, and internal support to sales colleagues and other teams across the Thermo Fisher organisation.
The ideal candidate will have a BSC, or MSc. or equivalent research experience and be a fluent German speaker (additional French or Italian or Spanish welcome). The successful candidate must have a proven ability to learn new technical information and also have good communication skills. Given the customer-facing nature of this position, the previous customer service experience is desirable, but not essential. We welcome friendly individuals with peoples’ orientated skills. Customer satisfaction is a must.
- Provides technical support for Thermo Fisher Scientific Life Sciences products and services by answering customer technical inquiries (received via email or telephone) of limited technical scope.
- Provides customer support on issues by utilising all available resources. Escalates issues or problems when warranted.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using all required computer systems and databases.
- Records and manages customer complaints on technical and quality issues (credits or replacement products as required).
- Contributes to departmental and team meetings.
- Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website and other company-managed databases of technical information.
- Participates in team tasks, including, but not limited to, complaint analysis, customer surveys, Voice of Customer reports etc.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Minimum Requirements for Experience and Skills:
- Requires a BSc. or MSc. with a background in either Protein Biology or Molecular Biology or Cell Biology.
- Laboratory experience preferable and advantageous.
- High-level communication skills, both written and oral are vital.
- Proven ability to quickly learn technical information and operational systems.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities. Problem-solving ability.
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, word processing and Internet applications.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English and German.
- Must be customer-focused and a team player.
- MSc preferred.
- Prior experience in customer service.
- Additional language (French/Italian/Spanish) is a plus.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.