Healthcare Assistant Vacancies at Mowlam Healthcare
Who are we?
Mowlam Healthcare provides resident-centered nursing home care with compassion, dignity and respect. Our clear focus is “To Enhance the Quality of Life for Our Older Residents” and to do this we must have the best and most passionate people who are committed to making a difference.
We continually strive to create a friendly and supportive workplace, encouraging each home to have its own individual personality reflecting the residents and care team within it.
We are now looking for caring, empathetic and reliable Healthcare Assistants in our various locations across Ireland.
Candidates must have a relevant QQI Level 5 Qualification or equivalent and previous elderly care experience is an advantage.
The ideal candidate should also be motivated to progress their career and grow with us here at Mowlam Healthcare.
Purpose of the Role
The Care Assistant works as a member of a team delivering care to the residents via the Named Nurse concept. As such a team member, the Care Assistant contributes to the fulfilment of Mowlam Healthcare’s philosophy of care.
What does this role entail?
- Supporting the nursing staff and team in delivering quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents
- Getting to know residents’ interests and needs providing attention, support and companionship
- Promoting the mobility of residents, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure optimum mobility is maintained and improved where possible
- Enabling and assisting residents to maintain their personal appearance /hygiene needs whilst always maintaining their dignity
- Enabling and assisting residents to eat/drink and achieve physical comfort
- Participating, organising and carrying out social activities
- Sustaining high level of communication between resident’s family and staff developing good relationships
- Assisting in the upkeep of high standards of cleanliness in the home
- Contributing to the maintenance of Health and Safety in the home
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Nurse in Charge and management.
What are the qualifications/skills needed?
- FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare in relevant modules
- Experience working in a healthcare environment (with a good knowledge of HIQA standards) preferable
- Excellent communication skills
- Can work independently or part of a team
- Ability to maintain a positive approach in a sometimes-challenging environment
- Fluent level of English both written and oral
All posts are subject to satisfactory references, medical and Garda vetting.
What do we offer?
- Guaranteed hours contract
- Free Garda Vetting
- Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
- Opportunities for career progression
- Paid trainings
- Subsidised/Covered meals
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role and the range of duties, it does not attempt to detail every activity. Given the nature of the work, it must be stressed that maximum flexibility is required to work in the nursing home. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder periodically by the Home Manager.
Mowlam Healthcare Nurisng Home Locations
Please specify your preferred location of interest when applying for Healthcare Assistant positions.
- Adare & District Memory Care Centre, Croagh, Limerick,
- Archersrath Nursing Home, Archersrath, Co. Kilkenny
- Ballincollig Community Nursing Unit, Ballincolig, Co. Cork
- Caherass Nursing Home, Croom, Co. Limerick
- Castlegardens Nursing Home & Memory Care Centre, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford
- Clearbrook Nursing Home, Heathfield, Finglas West, Dublin
- Cloverlosge Nursing Home, Athy, Co. Kildare
- Ennis Nursing Home, Ennis, Co. Clare
- Kilcolgan Nursing Home & Memory Care Centre, Kilcolgan, Co. Galway
- Killarney Nursing Home, Killarney, Co. Kerry
- Kilmainhamwood Nurisng Home, Kells, Co. Meath
- Kilrush Nursing Home & Memory Care Centre, Kilrush, Co. Clare
- Lakes Nursing Home, Killaloe, Co. Clare
- Maple Court Nursing Home, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath
- Moate Nursing Home, Moate, Co. Westmeath
- Mount CarmelCommunity Hospital, Churchtown, Dublin 14
- Moycullen Nursing Home, Moycullen, Co. Galway
- Rush Nursing Home, Skerries Road, Rush Co Dublin
- Sancta Marias Nursing Home, Kinnegad, Co. Meath
- Sligo Nursing Home, Ballytivnan, Co. Sligo
- St. Colmcilles Nursing Home, Kells Co. Meath
- St. Marthas Nursing Home, Charleville, Co. Cork
- Swords Nursing Home, Swords, Co. Dublin
- The Orchard Respite Centre, Blackrock, Co. Dublin
- The Park Nursing Home, Castletroy Limerick
- Waterford Nursing Home, Dunmore East, Co. Waterford