Newtown Park are now recruiting for Healthcare Assistants available for full time contracts and relief/casual contracts. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills as a Healthcare Assistant within a supportive and diverse environment.
Newtown Park is part of the CareChoice Group which consists of twelve nursing homes. It is one of South Dublin’s most reputable nursing homes, built to very high standards and operated to deliver excellent care of the elderly.
Our care team has extensive clinical experience, specialising in dementia care and aiming to be a holistic person-centred care provider to all its Residents.
All our staff are highly trained by us, driven by our philosophy that each staff member should provide the same levels of care that they would want for their own loved ones.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The Healthcare Assistant supports the nursing staff in providing high quality holistic care to our residents
- Ensures residents hygiene/personal care needs are maintained to the highest standards while maintaining the resident’s dignity at all time
- Assists residents with eating and drinking in line with their nutrition needs
- Assists residents with mobilizing as appropriate and using correct aids
- The Care Assistant escorts and transfer residents as directed by the Nursing staff
- Assists in End of Life Care
- Participates in activities with residents
- Any other duties deemed necessary by nurse and management
Qualifications and Skills
- QQI/FETAC Level 5 qualification in Healthcare or relative experience in a similar environment
- Practical experience in a caring capacity desired
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Professional,caring and empathetic nature
- Be comfortable working in a sometimes,challenging environment
- Have a good level of English language
- Good communication skills
- Availability to work varied shift patterns days, nights & weekends, across Monday to Sunday
What we offer:
- Comprehensive induction training and continuous professional development
- Competitive rates of pay
- Subsidised Meals
- Opportunities for promotion or relocation within an expanding group
- Referral scheme
- 1 Free Uniform/year
- Employee Assistance programme
- Free Parking