A typical day for the Merchant Risk Consulting Specialist • You will conduct a holistic risk review of Merchants in the Business Seller Segment through various workflows. (including but not limited to case, phone, email, PET channels) • Your holistic review will include a balanced approach of assessing risk and the merchant experience. • You will interact proactively and educate the merchant while making strong decisions which will balance Risk and Experience. • You will be working independently and within a team environment to serve as a credible partner that makes sound decisions. • You will drive stronger Merchant engagement through your interactions with our customers. • You will take ownership of impact of your decision and the overall merchant experience.
Fluent German & English are required for this role.
What does Success Look Like?
- Your critical thinking is E2E to understand the full Merchant Life Cycle evaluating Identity, Intent, Business Model, and Financial Stability of our merchants.
- You develop the full “merchant story” within your review process to validate and understand the Merchants situation.
- You wear several “hats” - Risk, Relationship Manager, Sales, Negotiator, and Investigator
- You will work towards understanding Industry risk idiosyncrasies
- You are working to have Global awareness of process alignment and economy implications
- You always put yourself in the merchant’s shoes and act as a strong partner.
- You have the ability to effectively communicate outcomes, build relationships and consult with our Merchants.
- You have 1+ years’ experience within a customer service or financial institution, with experience in Fraud, Credit Risk, Transaction processing or Chargeback Processing
- You are fluent in English and Regional Language
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- You have an ability to function in multiple queues covering a variety of tasks with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
- You have strong working knowledge of external systems and PC based internet and software applications (e.g. Internet, Microsoft Office).
- You are creative, good at learning on the fly, have strong customer focus and problem solving skills and you operate with integrity.
You Might Also Have:
- An ability to be comfortable working within ‘gray’ areas of policy where outstanding decision making quality is present.
- An ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies.
- The ability to work independently with a strong drive for results.
- Experience with conflict management and interpersonal skills.