We are currently looking for qualified English-speaking early childhood education professionals to help implement the FRÖBEL Focus “Bilingual Education” at our education and care services in Hamburg.
The starting date would be as soon as possible. The hours per week, as well as the duration of the employment contract depend on your qualifications and circumstances such as visa conditions.
Do you fulfil the following requirements?
- Are you a native speaker of English, or do you speak English at native level C2?
- Are you in the process of learning German? Proven German language skills on level B1 to C1 (depending on the federal state you would be working in) are a requirement for these positions.
- Are you a state-certified educator (staatlich anerkannnte*r Erzieher*in) or do you have a Bachelor in Early Childhood Education?
- Or, if you are not already a qualified educator, but have pedagogical experience and similar qualifications, are you interested in working as an early childhood assistant part time at a FRÖBEL centre while completing training to become an educator (“berufsbegleitende Ausbildung” or “Studium”) part time, or applying to work as a “Quereinsteiger*in”? Please note that these options only exist in certain federal states.
- Are you interested in working as part of a team to design and implement an in-house bilingual education concept?
Then we would like to hear from you.
We offer you
- A position with 20-40 hours per week, depending on your qualifications,
- Innovative team-based work practices that enable the children in our facilities to encounter new languages at an early age,
- An attractive working environment,
- Continuing professional development for all employees,
- Intensive guidance from English-speaking consultants and in bilingual education working groups,
- In-house wage agreement including an attractive company pension scheme,
- Scope to balance work and family life.
Your responsibilities would include
- Supporting all aspects of early childhood education and care in English,
- Being in charge of (or supporting according to experience and qualification) the settling-in process,
- Planning, implementing and documenting pedagogical processes and daily routines (as part of a team),
- Completing (or supporting according to experience and qualification) structured observation and documentation of the children’s development and educational processes,
- Developing successful cooperation with parents.
If you are interested in one of these positions and would like to submit your application and/or if you have any further questions, please address them to Christine Schneyer, quoting reference: EOJD Hamburg.
We would like to ask for your understanding that we can only reply individually to eligible applicants.
Ms Christine Schneyer
Consultant International Affairs at FRÖBEL
Phone: +49 172 10 47 391
For more information on the centre please visit: www.froebel-gruppe.de/nord.
FRÖBEL promotes the equality of all employees. We therefore welcome applications from women and men regardless of their cultural and social background, age, religion, belief, disbality or sexual identity.