My client, based in Co. Cork is looking for three experienced Dental nurses, one of which being a Senior Dental Nurse to take over some supervisory duties. This is an all-specialist private clinic with a large patient load; 5 surgical chairs and up to 70 patients a day. There is a full admin team so nurses will be solely responsible for dental nursing duties. There is also an OPG x-ray; a Cone Beam CT scanner and a sterile room that nurses need to familiarize themselves with.
Job Description of the Dental Nurse:
- The nurse will be expected to perform high-quality dental nursing whilst assisting the general dentists or specialists we have on staff in the clinic.
- The nurse will establish and maintain a productive working relationship with all members of the dental team.
- The nurse will manage all practice compliance guidelines related to sterilisation; decontamination and regulatory issues.
- The nurse will ensure all surgical areas and equipment are regularly cleaned and maintained.
- Ensure that the practice and surgical rooms and regularly stocked at all times.
Additional duties of the Senior Dental Nurse:
- This will involve managing a team of 5 dental nurses; devising rotas in conjunction with the dentists (residential and travelling specialists; 3 months in advance); approving holiday leave; monitoring time sheets (using a digital system) and completing appraisals.
- Organise, support and participate in practice meetings.
- Undertake new nursing staff inductions and training programs.
- Work with the clinical staff in maintaining accurate staff records for the nursing team on training and development.
- Encourage effective teamwork.
- Ensure all HR policies and Procedures are adhered to by all staff.
- Ensure all equipment and instruments are in full working order and action any repairs/maintenance issues immediately.
- Fully qualified dental nurse
- Applicants must be legally able to work in Ireland
- 1 year experience as a dental nurse
- Applicants must have excellent English
If you feel you have all the necessary capabilities to carry out this role, apply NOW!
All candidate’s CVs will be held under the strictest confidence, please email an updated copy of your CV to Nicky Blower: email@example.com