At Atlas Copco we are preparing our machines for the future. A digital future. We do that by converting our machines into cyber-physical systems. Cyber-physical systems (CPS) are mechanisms that are controlled or monitored by computer-based algorithms, tightly integrated with the Internet and its users. As a cyber-physical system developer you will start with translating use cases of our stakeholders into conceptual ideas. These ideas need to be transformed into proof of concepts by collaborating with teams of varying background, selecting emerging technologies, building prototypes and preparing show cases and demos. This implies you have a great sense of entrepreneurship, are passionate about new innovations, are hands-on, are a strong communicator and are convinced everything can be done in a more elegant way. Once these use cases and rough concepts have evolved into more tangible ideas, they need to be refined and executed. In this phase specific challenges will determined and potential solutions defined. You will help in establishing a versatile project team and eventually take the lead of this team of developers. With this team you will take care of the technical aspects of developing a future-proof CPS platform together with other expert teams. Furthermore, you will interact closely with other divisions within the company and will show yourself a real team player.
· Translate the requirements of our stakeholders into CPS systems
· Specify, design, and implement specific functionalities and behaviors in embedded (sub)systems
· Develop software by investigating, validating and integrating promising technologies
· Act as focal point and technical lead from start to completion of development projects
· Innovate new ideas, track related research, develop new concepts, prototype ideas, and report on project status
· Interface with research project sponsors, internal and external customers and research partners
· Communicate technical innovations through reports and regular presentations to our stakeholders and divisional management.
You had a strong technical education (Master in Computer Science, Robotics, Electronics or related engineering field). PhD is a plus.
· You have at least 7 years of coding experience, where you can illustrate expertise in a wide range of different technologies
· You are intrigued by emerging trends in digitalization, embedded systems, connectivity, robotics, M2M, AI,…
· You like to guide a team, but also work in a team.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. You are a strong communicator
Diversified tasks with a broad range of development opportunities at a constantly growing and innovative global player
Support and possibilities to grow in your career
A familiarization phase of several months with support of an experienced mentor
A good work-life balance
A competitive salary with benefits package
The possibility to participate in our car or bicycle lease plan and to join several sport clubs