This is a superb opportunity for high calibre Chefs to join the Kitchen team of The Marker Hotel, a luxury urban lifestyle hotel. The Marker Hotel is a Leading Hotel of the World and it is imperative that the candidate must have the ability to deliver a high level of Service in a confident and professional manner.
We are proud to be listed as a Great Place to Work 2017 & 2018 - http://www.greatplacetowork.ie
- To do food preparation work;
- To do basic cooking under the supervision of a chef;
- To rotating through sections such as sauce, vegetables, fish and butchery;
- To ensure that areas of responsibility are clean and well maintained and cleaning checklists are adhered to;
- To report defective materials and equipment to the appropriate Departments;
- To maintain the H.A.A.P system set in place;
- To have strong product knowledge;
- To accept a flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to Hotel guests and to maintain flexibility within teams;
- To carry our the Kitchen Standard Operating Procedures to the correct standard.
- To carry out all duties in line with departmental Standards Manual;
- To prepare desserts in line with menu cards;
- To ensure the pastry section is fully prepared for service;
- To be fully aware of any menu updates, hotel promotions, corporate promotions or special;
- To be knowledgeable and informed about the introduction of products;
- To carry out cleaning as required;
- To liaise with other departments to ensure that all guest requests are attended to efficiently;
- To be a good team player, reliable, innovative and motivated;
- Ability to work on their own initiative.
What do we have to offer you:
- Competitive Salary;
- Meals whilst on duty in our employee restaurant;
- Complimentary provision and laundry of uniforms;
- Employee Discounts;
- Tax saver commuter tickets and bike to work scheme;
- Employee Recognition Awards.