Aqua Restaurant, Howth, Dublin, Ireland
A busy restaurant with average covers of 200-250 per day. Unique setting on the waterfront serving the finest freshest seafood, including local catch of lobsters from a 6-mile radius of the restaurant. Smart casual dining with a cosy bar for pre and post drinks.
Chef de Partie
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and train any demi-chef de parties or commis working with you
- Engage regularly with the head chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Ensuring you follow high standards of food hygiene and health and safety rules
- Monitor portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Organisational flair
- A grasp of profit margins
- Ability to prepare dishes in accordance with specified recipes
- Monitor stock rotation, checks deliveries and returns
- Ensure the highest quality dishes are consistently produced
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Skills & Competencies Required
- Professional qualifications are essential, e.g. HACCP.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate initiative, creativity and skill in the kitchen.
- Team player attitude
- Ability to delegate appropriately
- In depth menu knowledge
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a bar/restaurant
- Ability to work flexibly under pressure with a good sense of humour
- Ability to multi task
- High level of initiative
- Fluent English
Salary is based on experience levels. Weekly gratuities.
Excellent terms & conditions
Initial induction will be given with ongoing training throughout the year
* Minimum 2 years’ experience required
The objective is to present a friendly, efficient and professional service to our guests in a safe and legally compliant manner. To deal efficiently with any administrative tasks allocated in a busy restaurant in an affable manner.