PJ Personnel are currently looking to recruit a Buyer/Planner based in Galway. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the purchase of raw materials and the scheduling and completion of work orders for the production floor to meet customer requirements.
- Determines production requirements and dock dates by running shortage reports and communicating with production planners.
- Obtains appropriate signature levels for purchase orders; prepares the order through the ERP/MRP/EPO system.
- Expedites materials from suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Works with the Quality Assurance and Engineering departments to verify the accuracy of Non-Conforming Material Reports before returning materials to suppliers.
- Obtains corrective action reports from suppliers to ensure that quality problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Supports the Engineering and Manufacturing departments on new product requirements to ensure that program deadlines are met.
- Attends scheduled production planning and engineering meetings.
- Provides monthly purchasing reports.
- Reviews supplier contracts and ensures Suppliers are meeting the negotiated service levels and agreed pricing.
- Evaluates vendor price increases. Works with management in obtaining new negotiated pricing and service levels.
- Meets with suppliers and manufacturers' representatives to obtain information concerning pricing, quality, availability and delivery of parts.
- Evaluates Engineering Change Notices for cost or delivery impacts and to coordinate implementation of changes with suppliers.
- Assists with supplier selection and set up.
- Provide back-up cover to Planners as required
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a related Bachelor's Degree.
- A minimum of two years of purchasing experience.
- Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate well with vendors.
- Excellent knowledge of business mathematics.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programmes