At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
As a member of the Business Operations team, you will help drive financial and operational efficiency across the entire Synopsys Solutions Group Business Unit.
Through the development of processes and tools, we help senior management and executive teams gather and analyze data, guiding complex decision-making in critical business areas such as project selection, product pricing and resource allocations. This includes capabilities related to project cost analysis, project portfolio planning and related financial modelling.
As a Business Operations Analyst, you will work in a wide variety of roles to support management and maintenance and roll-out of these processes, including hands-on deployment of IT infrastructure.
- Install, develop, update, and maintain new system tools related to data gathering and analysis. In addition to setup and configuration of commercial solutions, supporting coding/scripts may be needed to automate data flows.
- Work closely with end users across many functional groups (Engineering, Marketing, Finance, etc.) to interpret business needs and translate these into process and/or IT system requirements
- Assist with overall solution deployments through internal system verification; co-ordination of user acceptance testing; updating process definitions; training delivery; data entry; documentation; etc.
- Provide end-user administrative and technical support for issues related to database planning and reporting tools
- Review system usage/performance reports, and take appropriate corrective actions -- ensuring data is entered correctly, completely, consistently and on-time to support financial reporting requirements
- Create project and operational metrics/KPIs using spreadsheets, databases, and related scripting tools
- Building productive internal/external working relationships with IT teams and solution vendors to advance or maintain our data systems
- Background in Engineering, Computer Science or Business with a strong IT focus
- Practical experience with technical and administrative aspects of deploying IT solutions
- Ability to perform in-depth data analysis using specialized tools and techniques (e.g. PowerPivot, PowerBI, DAX, SQL, VBA, etc.)
- General ability to use enterprise planning and reporting tools (e.g. SAP, Salesforce, etc.), spreadsheets, databases, and related technologies
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, willingness to work with many users and stakeholders across a global organization
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project Server or Project Online for project planning/reporting.
- Specific experience in financial modeling, project/portfolio planning and project cost reporting for R&D technology environments.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.