We are looking for a Technical Application Specialist fluent in French or German and English to support our team in Budapest.
The Technical Applications Specialist is responsible for providing pre- and post-sales technical support for Cell Culture and Cell Analysis products to customers.
Requirements for the job:
Aside from the obvious hard skills related to having a scientific background, laboratory experience, data analysis and language skills, there are many soft skills that are vital for the role. Probably the most crucial of these is the desire to help people and solve problems. Empathy and responsibility are critical traits for Support Staff to have and both of which drive that ownership and care of the customer. Ultimately, it is the customer experience that matters above all else.
- A Master’s degree or PhD. or equivalent research experience (minimum of 3 years of lab experience) in cell biology (cell culture/cell analysis/microscopy).
- Proven ability to learn large amounts of new and complex technical information and also have excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English and French or German (Minimum C1 Level), additional language skills are welcome.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers and colleagues is required. Ability to manage multiple priorities required; problem-solving ability required.
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet, database, and word processing applications.
- Prior experience in customer service is a plus.
- Provides technical support for LSG products and services by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email, fax or mail.
- Provides complete customer support on technical issues by utilising all available resources. Escalates issues or problems when warranted.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using all required computer systems and databases.
- Records and manages customer complaints on technical and quality issues. Troubleshoots, provides advice or solutions to problems and arranges credits or replacement products as required.
- Tracks product-related issues and escalate issues when needed.
- Participates in customer notifications on product quality issues as required.
- Works with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to build a strong customer database and assist our Sales partners by identifying, recording and escalating opportunities to generate revenue.
- Develops technological and product expertise within one or more key business areas while staying up to date in all of the company’s business areas.
- Contributes to departmental and team meetings.
- Position determines own practices and procedures and contributes to the development of new concepts.
- Performs duties independently with an only limited direction given. Job encounters recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm, involving a moderate to a high degree of complexity.
- Participates in team tasks, including, but not limited to, complaint analysis, customer surveys, Voice of Customer reports etc.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Technical Support is a place where diversity and inclusion are valued. It contributes to a great team spirit and teamwork, which is the key to our success to deliver great customer experience.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.