This is great opportunity to work with one of the top consultancies in the UK and Internationally. As part of our Marine Ecology team, the role will provide you with the opportunity to work in and help shape a rapidly developing and dynamic company involved in some of the largest and most exciting infrastructure development projects.
The team is looking for a candidate who has a marine ecology (benthic habitats, intertidal ecology, fish ecology) background and is able to apply their expertise and understanding of the interaction of development (particularly offshore wind projects) with marine ecology and help expand technical offering to clients.
- Lead marine ecology related workstreams;
- Providing technical advice and strategic direction to our existing clients and projects;
- Contribute to and/or lead on stakeholder liaison; and
- Provide specialist input and advice on the interaction of project development on the receiving benthic and intertidal environment as part of the wider EIA and HRA work to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Educated to at least degree level, but preferably MSc level, in a relevant discipline (Marine Biology, Marine Sciences, etc.);
- Excellent written and oral communication, organisational and time management skills;
- A professional manner with strong inter-personal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels;
- Established track record on provision of marine ecological advice, derived from a relevant career in consultancy, research or working for government;
- Working knowledge of the technical assessments underpinning marine ecology work (e.g. survey specification & interpretation, sensitivity of ecological habitats, ecological consequences of changes to physical processes / generation of underwater noise etc.), ideally related to offshore wind farm development;
- Experience of working within the planning process, and ideally in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland;
- Experience working with regulators and stakeholders.
Hybrid remote working options are available, and the remuneration package is highly competitive.
Don't miss out, apply today!
Please mention GreenJobs when responding to this Job Posting.
If you are interested in this job please go to https://www.greenjobs.ie/jobs/10480705/marine-ecology-specialist.asp&nb…;to apply
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Ireland / EU.