This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Project Manager (SPM). Based in Galway, with the option to work remotely also. This is an exciting role that will allow the successful candidate to further develop their Project Management skills and experience, and progress towards an exciting and rewarding career in Project Management.
The appointed SPM will lead a range of key projects, working with other members of the team, and reporting to the Estates & Project Management Director (EPM).
Main tasks & Responsibilities
The Senior Project Manager will be involved in a wide range of projects, from initial feasibility assessments to Design Team procurement and Project Management of the design, statutory consents and delivery of construction projects, across a variety of sectors, including commercial development, residential, education, and leisure. The SPM will be expected to lead projects, and coordinate and control a range of project activities at various stages of the project life-cycle. On projects with a high level of complexity, the SPM will work as part of a Project Management team, alongside either the EPM Director or another Senior Project Manager.
The Senior Project Manager will typically lead a number of concurrent projects at any one time; of different scales, in various sectors, and at different project stages. Typical responsibilities would include:
- Control and management of all stages of various projects.
- Communicating effectively (verbal & written) with project stakeholders at all levels; client personnel, Design team, contractor / subcontractors, statutory bodies etc.
- Managing and administering procurement processes for Design Teams and contractors: developing suitability assessment / tender documentation, assessing and scoring tender returns (as part of an assessment team), issuing post tender correspondence.
- Day to day coordination of project activity
- Performance and progress monitoring / tracking (both design progress and construction works progress) relative to agreed project milestones / goals.
- Delivering fit for purpose project outputs within set deadlines
- Producing high quality and accurate written reports, and technical documents to include:
- Project Progress Reports
- Feasibility Assessments
- Supervising and mentoring less experienced staff, who may be assigned to assist in the management of projects.
The successful candidate will have, at a minimum, the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- An ability to work as part of a team and take a leadership role in teams
- A degree in a construction related discipline: Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying, or Construction Management.
- At least 8 years post-graduation experience; with at least 3 years in construction-related professional services.
Please mention GreenJobs when responding to this Job Posting.
If you are interested in this job please go to https://www.greenjobs.ie/jobs/10451876/senior-project-manager.asp to apply
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Ireland / EU.