This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Ornithology Ecologist Consultant to join a thriving environmental consultancy. Based in Cork or Sligo (location flexible) with the option for remote work also. You will be based within the ecology team, assisting with projects from tender submission through to project management.
The purpose of the role is to provide ornithological consultancy services to clients, dealing with all aspects of the consultancy process, developing and maintaining good client relationships, and the production of high quality scientific reports.
The ideal candidate will know and understand the requirements of industry standard guidelines. You will also have experience of Collision Risk Modelling and interpretation and analysis of survey results for use in impact assessment.
Your main area of technical focus will be ornithology, but good knowledge and experience of habitats and non-avian species would also be a requirement to allow you to fulfil this role. Good knowledge of, as well as an ability to use, GIS software and appropriate system for Ireland would also be an added advantage. Experience of scoping, designing and carrying out bird surveys for onshore and / or offshore wind farm developments is a must for this role.
Skills and Experience - Essential
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline
- A basic understanding of bird identification and creating ornithological surveys
- Clean driving licence
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Flexible to allow for overnight stays (where required)
- Experience of undertaking ornithological surveys within renewable developments; specifically onshore wind farms and grid connections (desirable)
- Member of chartered institution (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of using GIS software (desirable)
Please mention GreenJobs when responding to this Job Posting.
If you are interested in this job please go to https://www.greenjobs.ie/jobs/10430889/senior-ornithology-ecologist-con… to apply
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Ireland / EU.