Sutherland is seeking a motivated and passionate person to join us as an Enterprise Product Support Engineer. We are a group of driven and hard-working individuals. If you are looking to build a fulfilling career and are confident you have the skills and experience to help us succeed, we want to work with you!
This role gives you the opportunity to acquire in-depth IT knowledge and be part of a busy, energetic, and supportive team. You will have a chance to develop your technical skills and work closely with experts in different technologies. In this position you will only work with corporate customers, with the primary responsibility to successfully troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues with Enterprise data backup and recovery products. If you are eager to learn and ready to take the next step in your career, please contact us to learn more.
- The primary responsibility is to successfully troubleshoot and resolve highly complex technical issues on heterogeneous environments that are utilized on highly complex, mission critical systems. This requires consistent follow up with customers until issues are resolved or proper advancement procedures are followed for known issues.
- Become a subject matter expert in Backup & Restore suite of products, documenting discovered issues and bugs through knowledgebase documents and product training.
- Continually learning new product features and maintaining technical expertise in a wide range of products. Remain updated in client and industry led processes, technology applications, utilities, and products
- Technicians are expected to reproduce and verify customer issues by re-creating scenarios in a lab environment and prioritize open issues.
- Technicians will participate in new product releases and beta cycles to ensure information and training requirements are met to support new products whilst researching a wide variety of technical subjects including operating systems, Client Backup and Recovery software, and third-party applications.
- Advocate customer requests and participate in conference call escalations when required.
- Participate in building the capability and capacity of the technical support organization.
- Work and partner with others within a team-based environment.
- Ensuring high customer satisfaction by providing a professional service and swift resolution to all customer issues
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2 + years minimum experience providing 2nd or 3rd line server support in a corporate to enterprise scale Microsoft Server or Unix/Linux environment.
- German language proficiency.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Analytical thinking and ability to multitask
- Ability to resolve complex problems with a positive and professional demeaner
- Capable of working with related hardware systems such as tape drives and libraries
- Fundamental knowledge of storage technologies
- Knowledge/experience of working in cross platforms server environments.
- In-depth knowledge or experience in any of the following will be considered as advantage:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012
- Knowledge of Databases - Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Sybase , DB2, Etc.
- UNIX operating system (Sun Solaris, HP-UX, AIX , Linux ( Red Hat or SUSE)
- Experience of SAN/clustering or managing Disk arrays such as EMC Storage, Hitachi, Sun Storage.
- Knowledge of Server hardware or previous experience with
WE WILL GIVE YOU:
- Fun and fast-paced Enterprise work environment
- Continuous learning and development
- Competitive salary
- Excellent social benefits package
- Promote-from-within advancement opportunities
- Employee recognition programs
- Team building and social activities, participation in voluntary work, charity causes, etc.
- Buddy system for new hires and relocation packages
- Great office locations
- Work from Home Flexibility
The information provided by you is personal and will be protected.