EURES the Netherlands
Do you want to work across the border?
The EURES network is there for you. EURopean Employment Services (EURES) is a European network that promotes working and recruiting across borders. The 30 countries of the EEA and Switzerland participate. From the EURES network, we help job seekers across Europe to find a job and employers to staff.
Fair labor mobility is our top priority. This means that employees who come from another European country must be able to work in the Netherlands under the same conditions as Dutch citizens. Of course, the same also applies to Dutch people who go to work in another European country. When entering into an employment contract, employers must also take into account the vulnerable position of job seekers from another European country.
EURES Targeted Mobility Scheme
Is it hard to find a job or training opportunity in your country?
Have you encountered many obstacles to working abroad, and you do not know how to overcome them?
Welcome to the EURES Targeted Mobility Scheme (TMS)
If you are looking for dedicated support to help you seize an exciting job opportunity to acquire new knowledge and skills in another EU Country, Iceland or Norway, discover how the EURES TMS can help you.
Follow the 5 Ws
What is EURES TMS?
- EURES Targeted Mobility Scheme (TMS) is an action, which promotes professional mobility, tackling intra-EU mobility challenges and sustaining jobseekers who need a package of support services to succeed in their endeavour.
- EURES TMS aims to help EU nationals that need tailored assistance to find a job, traineeship or apprenticeship opportunity in another EU country, Norway or Iceland, and to support employers to find motivated and qualified workers.
- Thanks to EURES TMS, jobseekers can be supported in order to tackle the challenges to working abroad. EURES TMS can provide support in the form of targeted allowances. Language courses, recognition of qualifications, travel and subsistence expenses could be financed.
- It fosters the conditions for jobseekers and workers to exercise their right to freedom of movement across the EU and it helps to address labour market imbalances.
Who can apply?
- People who wish to find a job, traineeship or apprenticeship in an EU Member State, Iceland or Norway.
- Aged at least 18.
- Nationals of an EU Member State, Norway or Iceland.
- All jobseekers with both high and low qualification.
Where could you find a new job, traineeship or apprenticeship?
- In all EU Member States, Iceland and Norway.
Because you are…
- Interested in moving to another EU country, Norway or Iceland for a job, traineeship or apprenticeship.
- Looking for support in order to seize an exciting opportunity to acquire new knowledge and skills, learn new languages, benefitting from tailor-made employment services.
When can you start your job search?
- Visit the relevant pages! You will find below the links to the current EURES TMS projects.
- Contact the lead employment service and their partners offering EURES TMS.
- Ask for information about the application process, job search, matching and recruitment assistance.
- Let’s take part in the EURES TMS action.