Internal Audit Associate
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a self-motivated Internal Audit Associate, to be based in our client's office in Nicosia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing internal controls and report to the Management;
- To work closely with the Head of the Department in the planning and the delivery of internal audit reporting;
- Assisting with the management of portfolio of clients as well as assisting the Director and Manager with other major tasks;
- Be up to date with all applicable regulatory materials, such as directives, regulations, circulars or similar regulatory documents;
- Be up to date with any new business and regulatory developments and requirements in meeting clients’ needs;
- Communication with clients/ providers/ internally and externally;
- Preparing annual regulatory internal audit plans;
- Preparing internal audit reports and memos;
- Reviewing business process and identifying core areas which require improvement;
- Identifying regulatory issues that require follow-up or investigation;
- Discuss emerging regulatory issues with Management;
- Ensure full and timely regulatory reporting (periodic and ad-hoc).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in a field related to Economics or Finance or Business Management or Law;
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience in the financial sector/ Internal Audit Function;
- Experience in working with regulated firms;
- Demonstratable experience with MiFID II would be an advantage;
- Computer literate with confident use of Microsoft Office;
- An accounting qualification such as ACA/ ACCA will be considered as an advantage;
- The CIA professional qualification/ CySEC Advanced Certificate will be also considered as an advantage;
- Exposure to a range of internal audit techniques, including best practice and to internal control frameworks and practices;
- Excellent report writing skills is essential;
- Ability to work well under pressure, whilst producing results;
- Strong analytical skills are essential;
- Demonstrate ability and experience of providing internal audit advise;
- Effective clear communication;
- Excellent knowledge of the Greek and English language/ Be fluent in business English.
The company offers an attractive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience, including flexible working hours as well as excellent opportunities for career development and advancement.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org