Senior Internal Audit Consultant
We are seeking to recruit a passionate and self-motivated professional for the position of Senior Internal Audit Consultant, to be based in our offices in Limassol.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be aware of the regulatory regimes adhered by Regulated Firms such as CFD, FX and Traditional Investment Firms, Funds, Fund Managers, Alternative Investment Fund Managers, Payment and Electronic Money Institutions (“EMIs”) both in Cyprus and foreign Jurisdictions.
- Stay up to date with regulatory requirements of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (“CYSEC”) and European Securities and Markets Authority (“ESMA”), contributing on the evolvement of best practises in internal controls and guide subordinates on the implementation.
- Develop understanding and stay up to date with the regulatory requirements of foreign jurisdictions, applicable to the business of foreign investment firms.
- Team leader of a portfolio of clients, having support by at least one (1) junior member and the Manager, and responsible for the following:
- Agreeing the Annual Internal Audit (“IA”) Plans, with the client.
- Plan ahead the IA Visits of the year and conduct the respective IA visits.
- During planning stages: review and guide subordinates to complete the IA programs/questionnaires, drafting pending lists and handle communication with clients.
- Reviewing and support subordinates on gathering and reviewing the information provided by the client according to the pending list, updating the pending list to follow up with the client.
- Review and Support in performing required sample testing on the relevant risk-based approach followed, reviewing clients’ internal procedures, systems, controls to identify any weaknesses and draft/review the internal audit reports.
- Report to the Manager and Senior Manager of the Team and follow-up with the feedback/reviews on the Draft IA Reports, following the review performed on the Subordinate’s work.
- Review and finalise with Manager the IA programs and testing methodology.
- Ensure administrative parts relevant to the Department are maintained up to date and assist subordinates on the ongoing monitoring.
- Communicating and supporting clients’ requests on regulatory updates or the need of internal control updates.
- Carry out ad hoc internal audit assignments and other assurance engagements and reviews as well as requests from Competent Authority on Specialised internal audit reviews and/or reports on internal controls.
- Assist and contribute in other needs of the team (e.g. reviewing of newsletters, communicating with other teams for updates, notifying on new legislative updates and ensure that the internal records/ audit programs and testing methodology remain up to date.
- Ensure that Departmental budgets / Invoicing Procedures and following up with clients on settlements, are ongoingly monitored and kept up to date;
- Assist with the Internal Reporting in relation to the departmental Budgets and Invoicing Plan.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in: Finance, Law or Business / Economics related;
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience (i.e. Internal Audit or Compliance role) within the Financial Sector, is a must;
- Other Professional Qualifications (either as a member or as a trainee), such as: CIA, ACCA, CFE, CISI, CAMS; will be considered as an advantage.
- CySEC Basic or Advanced or AML Certificate(s) will be considered a strong advantage;
- Fluent in both Greek and English languages both in writing and oral communication, is a must;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (i.e. Word, Excel, Power-point), is a must;
- Organised, focused and diligent, in executing the tasks assigned by the Manager/Senior Manager;
- Willingness to learn and evolve in a fast paced environment,
- Communication skills, both written and verbal; Professionalism, work ethic, self-motivated and team player;
- Able to supervise at least one (1) Junior Member and be able to communicate with other colleagues within the Company to gather information necessary for IA and other assurance Reviews;
- Positive attitude with a “can-do” perspective, highly committed personality and willing to learn and evolve in a fast-paced environment, with professionalism and good work ethic.
The company offers an attractive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience, including flexible working hours as well as excellent opportunities for career development and advancement.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will be treated with strict confidentiality. Only successful applicants will be contacted.