Internal Audit Consultant
We are seeking to recruit a passionate and self-motivated professional for the position of Internal Audit Consultant, to be based in our offices in Limassol.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the more senior members and Manager of the team in relation to the following:
- Preparation of the Annual Internal Audit (“IA”) Plans for a pre-determined portfolio of clients;
- Update of the teams IA programs/questionnaires;
- During planning stages of the IA visits: completing the IA programs/questionnaires, drafting pending lists and handle initial communication with clients;
- Take part during IA visits along with the team leader/Senior responsible for the engagement;
- Gathering and reviewing the information provided by the client according to the pending list. Updating the pending list to follow up with the client;
- Performing required sample testing/desk-based reviews according to the direction of the team leader/seniors/managers, reviewing clients’ internal procedures and systems to identify any weaknesses and drafting preliminary internal audit findings within the interim reports;
- Follow up with the team leader’s/Senior’s/Manager’s/Senior Manager’s feedback on preliminary findings/results from sample reviews;
- Ensure administrative parts related to the Department are maintained up to date.
- Be aware of the regulatory regimes adhered by Investment Firms, Funds, Fund Managers, Payment and Electronic Money Institutions (“EMI”) both in Cyprus and foreign Jurisdictions.
- Stay up to date with regulatory requirements of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (“CYSEC”) and European Securities and Markets Authority (“ESMA”), contributing on the evolvement of best practises in internal controls, by drafting/updating the internal audit questionnaires to be used in the Annual internal audit work.
- Stay up to date with regulatory requirements of foreign jurisdictions, depending on the internal audit assignment, contributing on the evolvement of best practises in internal controls, by drafting/updating the internal audit questionnaires to be used in the Annual internal audit work.
- Assist and contribute in other needs of the team (e.g. preparation of newsletters, communicating with other teams for updates, notifying on new legislative updates).
- Assist with the preparation and ongoing update of the Departmental budgets / Invoices and following up with clients on settlements;
- Participate in the other internal audit assignments and/or ad hoc reviews of regulated financial institutions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in: Accounting, Finance, or Business / Economics related;
- Relevant master’s degree on Finance, Risk Management, Financial Services sector, will be considered as an advantage.
- Relevant experience in the Financial Services Sector will be considered an advantage;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (i.e. Word, Excel, Power-point), is a must;
- Fluent in both Greek and English languages both in writing and oral communication, is a must;
- CySEC Basic or Advanced or AML Certificate(s) will be considered a strong advantage;
- Willingness to participate in the Company’s ACCA Training scheme.
- Other Professional Qualifications (either as a member or as a trainee), such as: CIA, CFE, CISI, CAMS; will be considered as an advantage.
- Organised, focused and diligent, in executing the tasks assigned by the Team Leaders and Managers;
- Positive attitude with a “can-do” perspective, highly committed personality and willing to learn and evolve in a fast-paced environment, with professionalism and good work ethic.
The company offers an attractive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience, including flexible working hours as well as excellent opportunities for career development and advancement.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will be treated with strict confidentiality. Only successful applicants will be contacted.