PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As Senior Engineer, you will work on developing services in one of the world's largest marketplace, dealing with one billion events per day, and contribute as part of an R&D self-organized team working in a challenging, innovative environment for our client.
Investigate, create, and implement the solutions for existing technical challenges.
The place of work will be in Capgemini Engineering, in Portugal (Porto or remotely near Porto).
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtains tasks from the project lead or Team Lead (TL), prepares functional and design specifications, and approves them with all stakeholders.
- Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
- Provides estimations agrees on task duration with the manager and contributes to project plan of an assigned area.
- Analyzes scope of alternative solutions and makes decisions about area implementation based on his/her experience and technical expertise.
- Leads the functional and architectural design of assigned areas. Makes sure design decisions on the project meet architectural and design requirements.
- Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plans.
- Reports about area readiness/quality, and raises red flags in crises that are beyond his/her AOR.
- Responsible for resolving crises within his/her AOR.
- Initiates and conducts code reviews, creates code standards, conventions, and guidelines.
- Suggests technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
- Constantly improves his/her professional level.
- Collaborates with other teams.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· University degree in Computer Related Sciences or similar
· 5+ years of commercial development experience in Java
· Practical experience building highly loaded or distributed systems
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and engineering best practices
- Strong OOP skills
· Experience or desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, data science, and research partners.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Result-oriented approach
- Good English (oral & written) and communication skills in general
Would be a plus:
- Python development experience
- FE development experience with JS and React