Dalarna is one of 21 regions in Sweden and located in the central part of the country with around 300.000 citizens. In Dalarna you can find beautiful nature, fresh air and friendly locals. Dalarna is a popular tourist destination both in the winter and in the summer. In the winter there are many possibilities to activate yourself outdoors through activities such as cross-country skiing, down hill-skiing and skating. In the summer Dalarna offers a wide range of opportunities to enjoy the beautiful environment in the county. There are numerous possibilities to pursue interests such as cycling, hiking, fishing and golfing. Dalarna offers good communications to both Arlanda Airport as well as to Stockholm.
Region Dalarna is the biggest employer in the county with 8500 employees. We have 6 hospitals located in Avesta, Borlänge, Falun, Ludvika, Mora and Säter.
We are currently looking for occupational therapists to join our orgaization!
About working as an occupational therapist:
As an occupational therapist in Region Dalarna you will work with the rehabilitation of people who are having difficulties in coping in their everyday lives, usually as a consequense of injury or illness. The duties of an occupational therapist include;
• Assessment of functional ability and activity ability with a focus on activities connected to everyday life
• Evaluation of aid needs and testing of aids (eg wheelchair, shower chair, manufacture of hand orthoses, etc.) and support/training in how to use the aid.
• Training of functional and movement ability in daily life activities (relocation, personal care, home/household work/school/leisure)
• Education for patients, their relatives and caretakers
• Advice on aids and strategies
The work takes place at the different hospitals in Dalarna, both inpatient and outpatient care. The main focus is to optimize independence and enable the patient to function at home and in their everyday life. Current patient groups are in neurology (brain injuries, strokes, MS, spinal cord injuries), orthopedics (hand injuries, hip and knee surgeries), medicine (eg impaired lung function), surgery (eg burns) and rheumatology.
Welcome with your application!
EU citizenship and EU education is required.