Hayfield Family Collection is looking for highly efficient, well presented, well organised and energetic Commis Chefs for our properties - the 4 * Deluxe Great Southern Killarney , the 4 * Killarney Royal which is a member of Ireland's Blue Book and the 5* Hayfield Manor in Cork City.
Key delivery areas:
To assist in the preparation and service of food for guests and staff under the supervision of the Sous Chef/Chef de Partie. To ensure that the quality and standards of the Hotel are maintained at the highest level and customer expectations are met and exceeded.
- To maintain a high standard of work in accordance with the Executive Chef’s instructions.
- To prepare, cook and serve food ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times under guidance from a senior chef.
- To carry out daily and weekly procedures, including food labelling/dating and storage.
- To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or its equipment and report any problems to a senior chef.
- To keep high standards of personal hygiene and a clean uniform.
- To adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times ensuring that all records of such are maintained
- To assist with the acceptance and storage of deliveries and that all relevant company procedures are adhered to
- To be familiar with the opening and closing procedures of the kitchen and carry them out as rotated
- To keep high standards of cleanliness on your section and to assist in any job regarding hygiene or cleanliness asked for by a senior chef.
- To be fully aware of all the health and safety at work regulations.
- To carry out and assist in the smooth running of the kitchen
- To attend all meeting and training sessions as required
- To comply with any reasonable request from your superiors
- To ensure that all statutory, as well as company, hygiene regulations are being strictly adhered to.
- Make sure the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation.
The successful candidate
- Have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a comparable role
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have fluent English – written and spoken
- Be courteous and focused on providing a consistently high standard of service and hygiene
- Be standards driven, a team player, flexible
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent organisational skills
About The Hayfield Family Collection :
We are a family run hotel group with luxury hotels located on Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way, in Killarney and Cork City .
Killarney is a vibrant tourist town with a stunning National Park , surrounded by mountains - there are execellent transport links to all major Irish towns and cities. Both properties in Killarney are ideally located in the town centre where there are lots of shops, pubs and restuarants.
Cork City is known as Ireland's food capital, a bustling city with lots of restaurants, bars and the famous English Market which is full of local produce. There are lots of galleries, historic sights and amenities within the city.
In all Hayfield Family Collection properties, we are committed to delivering gracious hospitality and creating outstanding memories, The Scally family & their talented team deliver friendly personal service and true Irish hospitality.
Benefits of working for Great Southern Killarney
- See what our employees say: https://youtu.be/v3Q0GujHTwA
- Training & Development opportunities
- Experiential development opportunities
- Long Service Recognition
- Monthly and Annual awards / recognition
- Monthly Staff appreciation events, Summer BBQ and Christmas Functions
- Reduced rates for F&B and hotel-stays across Hayfield family collection
- Access to Leisure centre and Gym for greatly reduced rates
- Competitive Market related Salaries
- Free Staff Meals each shift
- Free Uniforms
- Accommodation Support – we will provide 2-3 weeks in hotel / self-catering house free of charge upon arrival in Ireland. Employee will be assisted to find own accommodation (letters / references etc.)
- Flight payment Up to 100 euros refunded after 6 months’ probation (receipt required)
- Please submit your fully detailed CV in English to Milandi Basel