Shiji Group is a major software supplier in the hospitality and retail industries. Developing worldwide leading products and technologies, aimed at the international market and speeding up its globalization progress. Our team of more than 5,000 talented employees, in 70+ subsidiaries worldwide, is constantly adapting to facilitate the transition to fully integrated systems for our clients through a network of secure, scalable, and ready for the future platforms, so clients can focus on their core competencies of serving their customer and guests.
Concept, a Shiji Group Brand, is a truly global hospitality technology provider specialising in solutions for the Golf, Spa, Leisure and Resort market. Today, Concept has high-profile clients in nearly 70 countries worldwide, with software available in 15 different languages and a global support network to match.
Concept's commitment to existing and potential new clients means that the software solutions are continually developed and enhanced to add new features and functionality based on the requirements of many of the world’s leading hotels, clubs and leisure resorts. Concept’s open approach to development and integration of products enables every customer deployment to be tailored to their exact requirements. Our 24/7 global support and training network also gives each client piece of mind.
To support our Development team in Portugal, we’re looking for a motivated and skilled Senior Back-End Developer to integrate a fantastic team that is changing the hospitality industry, to develop new features, collaborating on the development of software applications, and doing code-review.
What you’ll do
- Developing software
- Consulting with internal stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures
- Creating end-user applications
- Optimizing software by performing maintenance, updates, and upgrades
- Documenting processes and maintaining software development records
- Keeping up to date with C++ standards, Microservices Architecture and advancements in application development
- A SOLID understanding of best practices and processes in software development
What we are looking for
- Experience with advanced C++ software development skills and extensive experience in collaborating on software development projects
- To be first-class C++ developer in our environment you must have a mindset for teamwork, self-management and learning new technologies.
- Experience with GIT version control system and GitFlow
- Experience with Test-driven development
- Experience in working as SCRUM team member
- Prioritization ninja with ability to multi-task and outstanding organizational skills
- Well-structured, loyal and initiative person with a get-it-done attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Good analytical skills and basic understanding of programming best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English are essential
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or similar
- Problem-solving skills
- A minimum of three years' experience as a C++ software developer
- Desirable: Rad Studio and VCL Components
Nice to Have:
- Additional knowledge in SOA, C# .NET Core and Microservices architecture will be considered a plus
- Experience in asynchronous programming using async/await
What we oﬀer
- Challenging and creative technology environment with a great deal of freedom and responsibility;
- Feedback and initiatives are always welcome, you’ll also get full ownership to help shape the company's future;
- Opportunity to grow inside the global organization and develop yourself both professionally and personally;
- Flexible working hours and a modern workplace in one of our multinational offices;
- Regular company Events & Entertainments as well as access to various location-based benefits and Employee Assistance Programs.
Team related NON-MATERIAL benefits:
- work in an agile team of IT professionals
What you have to know
- Please note that Shiji does not provide work permit sponsorship for this position
- This position is offered in Faro, Algarve - Portugal
Looking forward to your application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectations
Please don’t forget to put the clauses you accept in your resume:
I agree that my personal data will be processed by CONCEPTEK – Sistemas de Informação, S.A. in order to recruit for the position I am applying for.
I agree to the processing of my personal data by CONCEPTEK – Sistemas de Informação, S.A. for the needs of future recruitment.