Founded in 1998, the aim of Shiji is to become a "big data" application service platform operator. Shiji has become one of the leading manufacturers of hotel information systems, with a variety of recent investments into the European market. Shiji is gradually expanding from hotel to catering and retail industries, becoming the major software supplier to both industries. Shiji has also introduced consulting, IT solutions and data platform services. Meanwhile, Shiji is developing worldwide leading products and technologies aiming for the international market and speeding up its globalization progress. Currently Shiji has more than 50 subsidiaries with more than 3,000 employees worldwide.
Concept, a Shiji Group Brand, is a truly global hospitality technology provider specialising in solutions for the Golf, Spa, Leisure and Resort market. Today, Concept has high-profile clients in nearly 70 countries worldwide, with software available in 15 different languages and a global support network to match.
Concept's commitment to existing and potential new clients means that the software solutions are continually developed and enhanced to add new features and functionality based on the requirements of many of the world’s leading hotels, clubs and leisure resorts. Concept’s open approach to development and integration of products enables every customer deployment to be tailored to their exact requirements. Our 24/7 global support and training network also gives each client piece of mind.
To support our Technical Publications team, we’re looking for a motivated and skilled Senior Technical Writer to integrate a fantastic team that is changing the hospitality industry, producing high-quality documentation, among other tasks.
What you’ll do
- Working with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Independently authoring new documentation based on research, interviews with subject matter experts, use cases, user stories, feature requirements, and on-hand experience with the product.
- Anticipating content changes and proactively researching product changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation.
- Consuming technical information and transforming it into easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, and developer guides.
- Producing high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Analyzing existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Proofreading and editing documentation to ensure consistency of language and style as well as correct application of templates.
- Creating and maintaining the information architecture.
- Successfully handling multiple tasks, projects, and initiatives at the same time while maintaining a professional presence.
- Creating tutorials (videos) to help end-users use a variety of applications.
What we are looking for
- Fluency in English.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical communications, information technology, English or a related degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of technical documentation experience - Must have strong technical writing and editing skills, the ability to articulate technical concepts for both technical and non-technical audiences, and detail-oriented.
- Experience with various forms of documentation delivery methods, including DITA/XML Authoring and HTML.
- Experience with graphics and video editing software.
- Experience working with Cloud applications preferred.
- Experience with API documentation preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience in writing and editing User Manuals, ReadMe First documents, Wikis, Presentations, Installation Manuals, and Feature Reference Guides.
- Strong problem-solver skills.
- Experience with Agile, Waterfall, and other development methodologies preferred.
- Self-starter: motivated and able to take initiative.
- Ability to travel both domestic and international.
What we oﬀer
- Employment in the organization with an established position on the market;
- Exciting job within a creative environment and the opportunity to make a real impact on the business;
- We are investing heavily in new facilities with an environment conducive to creativity, dynamic, flexible, talented and focused multicultural team seeking more growth;
- Full time job contract.
Looking forward to your application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectations.
Please don’t forget to put the clauses you accept in your resume:
I agree that my personal data will be processed by CONCEPTEK – Sistemas de Informação, S.A. in order to recruit for the position I am applying for.
I agree to the processing of my personal data by CONCEPTEK – Sistemas de Informação, S.A. for the needs of future recruitment.