Electrical Section Manager
Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world, including 80 energy storage systems?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Want to join the ride?
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Section Manager, Electrical. Your main goal is to lead and manage the electrical works at site. The location for this position is Vaasa, but you will work abroad for longer periods.
We offer you an interesting position with people of different cultural backgrounds and a possibility to work with a successful global team in an international company.
- Manage and lead the electrical works at site in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Plan and follow-up progress of electrical works at site
- Proactively manage the scope of works, material flow and secure needed resources
- Manage subcontractors
- Perform start-ups and testing of the installed equipment and document the end results
- Maintain good customer relations and team spirit at site
- Manage and maintain good reporting practices
- Co-ordinate construction works with mechanical and civil sections
- Safeguard the compliance with HSSE policies and minimize the risks in own section
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering
- Working experience in similar tasks preferred
- Good leadership, communication, team building and negotiation skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt new technologies
- Ability to adjust to a wide range of conditions and cultural environments
- Project Management knowledge is an advantage
- Good command of English, both oral and written
- Other languages are seen as an advantage
In this position you will work abroad for longer periods.
Please apply by 25th April, 2021.
NOTE! ONLY APPLICATIONS TO THE WÄRTSILÄ SYSTEM ARE INCLUDED IN THE PROCESS.
Contact person to give further information:
Manager, Installation & Commissioning, Electrical
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Energy leads the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We help our customers unlock the value of the energy transition by optimising their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Our offering comprises flexible power plants, energy management systems, and storage, as well as lifecycle services that ensure increased efficiency and guaranteed performance. Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world.