Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world, including 80 energy storage systems?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Want to join the ride?
We are looking for a General Manager, Solution Design to our newly established Solution Design & Product Management organisation. The Solution Design team is the design owner of base solutions for Power Plants as well as design concepts for special applications, such as FlexicycleTM, CHP and X-to-Power). As a General Manager you will lead the Solution Design – team to manage our Solutions – portfolio, securing solution development, solution care and – documentation.
The ultimate goal of this position is to ensure competitiveness, effectiveness and design quality of the Solutions - portfolio and a seamless fit to the Newbuild – strategies and relevant end markets. You will also, together with stakeholder teams, ensure an efficient utilisation of available PDM- and Engineering tools.
You will be a member of the Solution Design & Product Management MT reporting to Director, Solution Design & Product Management. This is a newly established role. The preferred location is Vaasa, Finland.
- Define the strategy and related roadmaps for the concerned base solutions in close cooperation with stakeholder teams
- Build and maintain top-notch documentation content for the concerned solutions
- Secure utilisation of easy-to-use platforms for the design- and documentation content
- Build the right ratio between configure-to-order and engineer-to-order of the base solutions for the target markets
- Develop and implement Reliability-, Availability-, Maintainability-analysis practices for solution design
- Ensure that clear and valid technical requirements are in place for solution development
- Drive portfolio entries and - exits of base solutions and special applications in accordance with strategic roadmaps
- Secure compliance with relevant codes and certifications within target markets
- Continuously monitor and improve the quality of the concerned solutions, in close cooperation with the stakeholder teams
- Drive, lead and manage the organisation and employees towards common goals
- Develop and implement agile way-of-working for Solution Design in close cooperation with the stakeholder teams, such as product teams and development projects.
- Develop competences and world-class expertise for solution design
- Proactively connect with internal and external customers and listen for feedback
- Ensure support for Technical Sales Support and Areas in complex technical matters as well as product- and base solution selections
- Drive Wärtsilä Purpose and demonstrate Wärtsilä values
- Excellent product management skills with proven track record in a global business environment
- +7 years of experience in roles within product management and/or technology development within engine-based power generating equipment
- Good understanding and experience of documentation processes and -practices for complex portfolios of products/solutions
- Good understanding of modularisation – practices for products/solutions
- Good understanding and direct experience of engineering- and design tools and related practices
- Good understanding of global energy markets and ability to translate this into specific solution needs
- MSc or BSc or higher within Technology or Engineering or similar
- Visionary and strategic thinking: able to see the big picture and plan for the future
- Entrepreneurial attitude with customer in focus
- Good understanding of financials and business cases
- Recognised R&D leader who has good ability to build high performing team
- Ability to create clarity on direction, inspires people to take action towards the future goals
- Drives for results with excellent planning and execution skills
- Experienced in leading matrix teams and you communicate easily with various stakeholders in an international environment
- Good negotiation skills and ability to build win-win scenarios
- Strong influencing, networking and presentation skills are a must in this position
NOTE! ONLY APPLICATIONS TO THE WÄRTSILÄ SYSTEM ARE INCLUDED IN THE PROCESS
Please apply by 28.4.2021 with full motivational letter and CV.
Contact person to give further information:
Jukka Lehtonen, Vice President, Technology and Product Management
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health check, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when person is located outside of Finland..
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Energy leads the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We help our customers unlock the value of the energy transition by optimising their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Our offering comprises flexible power plants, energy management systems, and storage, as well as lifecycle services that ensure increased efficiency and guaranteed performance. Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world.
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com