Job Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Manager- Image Processing Engineer to join the Camera Systems Development team, which is part of the Intelligent Vision Systems group of GN Jabra in Cupertino, CA.
As a member of our Camera Systems Development team, you will gain valuable experience in how to develop and deploy industry-leading Intelligent Vision system products.
As a Manager- Image Processing Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative video collaboration products. You must be responsible, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test.
The Manager- Image Processing Engineer is a key role to the project execution team. You will be responsible for the development of low-level efficient Image processing algorithms, utilizing ISP and image processing hardware as well as special purpose hardware. You will also contribute to the development of Image processing software and will be responsible for improving image quality for helping develop and use computational imaging applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be responsible for the architecture, design, development and implementation of the image processing algorithms to improve user experience.
- Come up with image enhancement filters to improve contrast, enhance text on whiteboard, enhance faces without introducing image artifacts and distortions.
- Create processes, tools and applications to characterize image processing pipelines and perform image tuning to obtain optimum video quality under different operating conditions.
- Create image processing filters and techniques to match video performance across multiple sensors and lenses in Jabra video devices, to create uniform video experiences when combining video from different sources.
- Characterize the optical performance of the current Jabra products and create specification to improve/enhance the optical performance and quality and create multiple lens choices for future products.
- Interface with various cross disciplinary teams like hardware, software etc. to deliver test systems to showcase optical quality and video performance for next generation Jabra video devices.
- Work with system hardware and software architecture teams to develop the next generation Jabra cameras architecture.
- Interface with various hardware and software vendors on complex system integration tasks to achieve efficient, cost-effective and delightful product solutions.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- An MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 7+ years of design experience in high performance, cost-effective imaging systems design, with proficiency in digital embedded systems and analog design
- Must have experience with Video devices, Image sensors and image processors
- Must have experience in developing image processing algorithms running at high resolution and minimum 30FPS
- Working with image characterization tools like Imatest is a must
- Experience in GPU programming, OpenCL, OpenCV.
- Experience in embedded systems and using image processing pipelines for creating camera applications.
- Experience with BOTH C and C++ programming in 8, 16 and 32-bit embedded environments and knowledge of assembly
- Experience with current generation multicore SOC architectures (Snapdragon series) and development environments.
- Extensive experience with software engineering processes and tools
- Experience and comfort with lab tools such as debuggers, logic analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Strong written and verbal communication and project management skills
- Demonstrated track record of developing imaging system products which scaled to commercial success
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A PhD degree with 10+ years career experience in signal processing and image processing.
- Experience with Machine learning and AI based image processing techniques is a plus
- Experience with video streaming and recording using encoders is a plus
- Experience in DSP programming in intrinsics and VLIW
- Experience in fixed-point arithmetic based algorithms development.
- Thinks outside the box when developing solution
- A passion for creating and building things