Northvolt has an exciting job offer for an Instrument technician to join our stellar team in Skellefteå.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
You will be working intimately with the operators, technicians and other production personnel where your focus will be on execution of instrumentational maintenance in the factory.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interface with operators, technicians and other production personnel to understand and communicate improvements that needs to be done and has been done.
- Install, maintain and repair instrument devices.
- Read technical diagrams and blueprints.
- Perform general instrument maintenance.
- Troubleshoot instrument issues using appropriate of testing devices.
- Repair and replace equipment.
- Setting up calibration program
- Contribute in maintenance program optimization.
- Train others in maintenance specific tasks.
- Evaluation of needed spare parts of the equipment.
- Together with the rest of the team, being a key player to develop and maintain a safe work environment.
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The Instrument technician is a vital member of the Maintenance team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
Skills & Requirements
- Three years electrical gymnasium with focus on industrial automation or similar.
- Experience from industrial instrumentation.
- Fluency in English
- Elementary computer literacy (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Previous experience in maintenance or production, minimum 2 years.
- Valuable (but not required) if fluency in other languages, including Swedish
- Good technical knowledge about instrumentation, automation, hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Proven skills in working with continuous improvements in industrial environment.
Personal success factors
- Very strong safety mindset
- Communicative and “likeable” personality
- Highly organized and result driven
- Service-minded and determined to create a great working environment
- Strong understanding of cultural fit and its implications
- Negotiation skills
- Shows grit and determination
- Has a can do-attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit