On behalf of Qtechnology, a Copenhagen-based hi-tech company, Look Abroad! is looking for an Embedded Linux Software Engineer. Qtechnology (https://qtec.com) develops state of the art modular smart cameras for Industrial Vision, Live Sport Streaming and R&D.
Qtechnology is a well-known actor in the Open Source community with hundreds of contributions to the kernel, OpenEmbedded, GStreamer, U-Boot and coreboot among others.
They are looking for an experienced embedded linux software engineer or firmaware engineer for their headquarter in Copenhagen, Denmark. Maybe that’s you?
Why should you apply?
Apply for this job if you would like:
· To work with embedded Linux software for smart camera solutions.
· To work with new and fascinating technology, allowing you to continue developing professionally.
· To work in a small hi-tech company in a team of highly qualified engineers from around the world.
· To work with plenty of freedom and influence.
· To attend Open Source conferences relevant to you and spend time upstreaming your work.
· A full-time (37 hours/week), permanent contract with a Danish market level salary in the range 6.600 – 8.000 euros gross/month (including a 12 % contribution to a personal pension scheme).
· Flexible hours and the opportunity of occasionally working from home. You do, however, need to settle in or near Copenhagen.
· A job close to the centre of Copenhagen, a city which is consistently being ranked as one of the best cities in the world to live in.
· If needed, advice from Look Abroad! regarding the practical issues related to getting settled in Denmark.
· Development of new solutions and trouble-shooting in close cooperation with the hardware engineers, software engineers, VHDL engineers, and industrial engineers.
· Development of board support packages with OpenEmbedded/Yocto Project.
· Development of Linux kernel drivers.
· Development of bootloaders: UEFI and coreboot.
· Client support, including occasional visits to client sites (around once per month within Denmark and 1-2 trips abroad per year).
· We offer a flat structure and we expect that you are willing to take responsibility for the selection of new hardware and software in our products.
You need to have the following qualifications:
It would be fantastic if you could also offer knowledge of some of the following:
Who are we looking for?
Qtechnology has a flat company structure and they believe individuals should be encouraged instead of managed. So being self-driven and self-motivated and fearlessly jumping into new projects are essential, as well as being a collaborative team member with an open mind for new and sometimes crazy ideas.
How do you apply?
Please forward your application and CV in English marked ”Job 1122, Embedded Linux Software Engineer” by mail to Arne Beyerholm at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We review CVs and carry out interviews continuously, and once a good candidate has been found, the job offer will be closed.
If this is not the right job for you, but you would like us to consider you for other, future jobs in Denmark, then feel free to send your CV marked ”Unsolicited application”.
Look Abroad! helps international engineers and health care professionals finding good jobs in Denmark and Northern Europe. Read more about us at: https://look-abroad.business.site
Note regarding the COVID-19 pandemic:
Qtechnology is not in a hurry hiring for this position. The incorporation date will be agreed upon between the candidate and the employer considering the pandemic and could be e.g. in July or even later.