Melco Resorts & Entertainment in Cyprus
Melco Resorts & Entertainment (Melco) is the developer and operator of the upcoming integrated resort, City of Dreams Mediterranean, which is expected to be the largest and premier integrated resort in Europe. The Company’s unique blend of design, entertainment and quality sets the company apart, making it the global leader in premium integrated resorts. As recipient of more than 650 awards international, regional and local awards, Melco’s esteemed achievements highlight the Company’s dedication to exceptional hospitality and service excellence. With its entire property portfolio honored with the top tier, Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star recognition, Melco leads among integrated resort operators in Asia. Melco’s four signature restaurants across Melco properties are honored by Michelin Guide Hong Kong Macau 2021 with a collective total of seven Michelin-stars. With its growing international presence and approximately 20,000 colleagues globally, Melco actively contributes to the communities in which it operates. The Company values colleagues as the heart of the business and was named one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Asia” by HR Asia for two consecutive years (2019-2020). Furthermore, Melco has received numerous accolades for its contributions to the community, including being named winner of “Community Award – Asia” at 2020 Industry Community Awards and being voted “Socially Responsible Operator of the Year” at International Gaming Awards 2019.
As part of Melco, City of Dreams Mediterranean will be driven by the Company’s commitment to excellence. It is set to be a world-leading integrated resort and landmark for Cyprus and the wider region, offering a range of attractions and entertainment options including luxury accommodation, fine dining, recreation and MICE facilities. City of Dreams Mediterranean is set to boost tourism in Cyprus, attracting an additional 300,000 tourists annually and contributing significantly to alleviate seasonality. During the construction phase, City of Dreams Mediterranean is expected to create an estimated 4,000 local job opportunities, and approximately 2,500 permanent jobs once open.
Melco also operates Cyprus Casinos in Nicosia, Ayia Napa, Papos, Larnaca and Limassol.
The Director, Entertainment & Attractions oversees entertainment strategy, content and attraction operations. He/ She identifies supporting tactical entertainment vehicles among third party promoters, producers, entertainment companies and agents. Additionally, they will manage the live entertainment department’s entertainment technology and entertainment operations functions.
The Director Entertainment & Attractions ensures the maintenance of a standard of quality, equivalent to other world class attractions at City of Dreams Mediterranean. This role will also oversee resort-wide box office & ticketing/sales functions. Supporting operational functions of expos, concerts, shows, and events on an as-needed basis.
- Develops entertainment strategies for existing and future resort live entertainment and identifies entertainment event programming and attraction vehicles to support wider-resort business objectives
- Negotiates related partnership, licensing and general commercial terms with third party entertainment partners
- Provides leadership and vision to the organization by developing long-range and annual P&Ls and operational plans, in addition to the evaluation and reporting of business plan progress
- Oversees, forecasts, and is held accountable for all live entertainment P&L’s attractions as well as working closely with other key executives to develop and execute attraction-specific P&L’s, assuring each attraction runs at net positive or neutral performance levels
- Strengthens profit performance by identifying cost efficiency measures to undertake following resort opening
- Interfaces with Marketing, Sales, Gaming and F&B departments to support intra-resort synergy objectives and to ensure effective marketing plans are developed & executed in support of the entertainment and attractions strategy and planning
- Identifies and develops cross promotion opportunities with other business units
- Manages operations teams, live entertainment, attractions, Box-Office and Customer Service teams and ensures operation procedures are achieved to consistently provide quality experiences in a cost-efficient manner
- Manages entertainment technology team to ensure event executions optimally leverage in-house equipment and production management expertise
- Oversees construction and project management process to ensure that the end user has a smooth transition from construction to operation
- Is responsible for booking a full calendar of events with local promoters, in-house productions, touring shows, sporting events, concerts, live entertainment acts, and more
- Develops entertainment ROI to forecast initiative performance for resort senior management review
- Supports cross department promotion vehicles via all box office channels
- Ensures safety programs, policies, and procedures are implemented and maintained in all areas within the role’s scope in conjunction with Entertainment Technology Department.
- Optimizes the collection of ticketing solution-acquired data for marketing purposes
- Evaluates Attractions’ consumer experiences and makes recommendations on how to further strengthen perceived value for money and overall consumer appeal
- Ensures systems for staff preparedness is consistently maintained for potential cancellations and other emergency contingencies
- Leads the Department’s operational staff recruitment within pre-opening timeline
- Oversees employee training during pre-opening period and employee development post-opening
- Experience in managing and producing live entertainment and concerts
- Experience in managing entertainment facilities
- Experience in theme park and FEC operations management and financial oversight.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) in business or public administration or related field
Skills / Competencies
- Experience in contract negotiation, business law, purchasing procedures
- Experience in managing and leading facility operations with a diverse workforce
- Experience in booking, promoting and supervising live entertainment productions
- Knowledge of commercial rights marketing and sponsorship
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, all Microsoft Office Products
- Exemplary reputation in live entertainment on a regional or international scale
- Extensive knowledge of entertainment attractions operations structure, including planning, FOH and BOH
- Experienced in long range planning and the principles of event budgeting and performance analysis
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and inter-personal skills with a first-class customer and client service approach; Customer service oriented
- Advanced influencing skills and an open management style with robust decision-making capabilities
- Exposure to an international corporate environment
- Willing to work any day and any shift to support scheduled events
- High energy, a passion for the entertainment business and an engaging style