We are seeking to hire experienced and passionate waiters/waitresses to join our highly-regarded award-winning hotel restuarant team. We have a proud reputation for producing fine dining and first class customer service for every occasion.
As a Waiter / Waitress you will be a passionate foodie who loves going the extra mile to make sure our guests have an amazing dining experience and leave wanting to come back again and again.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Register table reservations and escort guests to tables.
- Take orders from clients for food and drinks at the restaurant, promoting and encourage food and beverage sales at all times.
- Discharge excellent customer care in carrying out duties, maintain a professional and courteous attitude at all times with guests and staff alike.
- Charge for food and drinks and services, under more experienced staff’s supervision, or, once the required training has been undertaken and/or the required expertise has been acquired, independently.
- Operate a cash register, once the required training has been undertaken and/or the required expertise has been acquired.
- Arrange and set the tables.
- Clear and set up tables, as well as to keep tables and dining areas clean and set for new diners.
- Ensure that the dining areas are kept clean at all times.
- To ensure that complaints are handled in an efficient, prompt, guest satisfying way and are always communicated to the Duty Manager.
- Additional duties as required, to comply with any reasonable request by the Head Chef, supervisor or Management
Skills, Qualifications & Personal Attributes:
- Previous experience in a similar role. Preferably in a 4-star or 5-star hotel or in a busy restaurant environment.
- Excellent communication skills, customer service and engagement.
- Positive "can do " attitude with attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
- Team player with good command of the English language.
- A keen interest in food & wine an advantage.
- Bar and barista experience also an advantage.
- Acquaintance with and capability of adherence to HACCP requirements/certifications.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety rules and procedures.
- Ability to establish priorities, and to proceed with objectives.