While establishing a friendly relationship with guests, the Waiter provides excellent and professional dining service to guests, presenting the menus and suggesting particular courses and drinks.
• Supervises their assigned station at any restaurant, including the buffet area;
• Greets, presents menus and takes orders from guests;
• Presents the wine and beverage list and helps guests make their selection;
• Serves the various courses and beverages, ensuring correct presentation;
• Ensures that the assigned station is clean and supervises the correct mise en place before and after every service;
• Reports immediately any problems and guests’ complains to their direct supervisor;
• Supervises the Assistant Waiter assigned to their station, ensuring they are performing their job correctly, and providing help, encouragement and coaching.
Fluent English, oral and written, plus good verbal communication skills in German;
• High School certificate is advantage;
• Experience in 4/5 stars restaurant, hotel or resort is an advantage;
• Good interpersonal skills, positive attitude and willingness to learn;
• Passion for hospitality and customer service driven;
• Cruise industry experience is an advantage;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.