Technical Support Executives
Start Date: 1st week May 2017
Location: Churchfield, Cork City
Contract Type: Permanent
Welcome to HCL Ireland – A company with an employee first ethos. Employees who join the HCL Ireland Team become best in class with excellent development and career opportunities.
In securing a position with HCL you shall develop within in a role that shall be an excellent platform for career progression, were you shall receive accredited training and become a part of a great work culture.
To provide direct technical support to our customers on our fixed line phone and internet products. Assisting with troubleshooting problems, advising customers through technical challenges, closing and tracking issues and reporting on these issues. The position also involves keeping certain groups updated on issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deal with customer’s technical queries directly, ensuring a prompt and efficient response to all queries, in accordance with Company procedures.
- Track and take ownership of all outstanding queries to ensure follow through in all cases.
- Maintain an up-to-date level of service, systems and procedural knowledge.
- To maintain on-going communication with other departments within the organization to ensure Customer Care are consistently kept informed of any updates/issues.
- Ensure two-way communication by keeping the other groups informed on customer issues.
- To maintain target levels of performance.
- Help maintain a good team and working environment through assisting fellow team members, particularly in relation to technical matters.
- Any additional task as the role evolves.
- Information exchange is a significant feature of the job with a necessity to clarify information of a more complex nature. There is a requirement for tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Knowledge of technical & departmental processes, systems, policies, objectives, targets.
- Knowledge of company's products, services, tariffs.
- Good technical knowledge of Windows/Mac and other more advanced technical applications.
- Excellent call handling skills and strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to deal with repetitive tasks in a positive upbeat manner.
- Flexibility essential.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to articulate detailed technical instructions.
- Ability to bring issues to resolutions.
- Works well in a high call volume environment. Customer focused. Team player. Patient. Clear diction.
- Previous work experience in a customer focused environment, Experience in populating customer databases with queries and corresponding troubleshooting steps.
- Aptitude to learn about complex technical systems Flexible to work shifts and weekends
“HCL is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community”