We are currently looking for a German Speaking Technical Support Engineer for our client, a leading IT company in Dublin.
The successful individual will be responsible for logging and updating cases, informing customers of the status and providing solution(s) as they become known, in a professional timely fashion, over the lifetime of the support request. A Technical Support Engineer should understand customer systems and configuration, analyze problems, identify defects and recommend solutions. A Technical Support Engineer will work closely with customers, other support representatives, engineers, sales people, and others as needed to gain knowledge and provide solutions. Setting customer expectations appropriately and accurately is also required.
The ideal Technical Support Engineer will demonstrate an aptitude for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. S/he should be highly analytical with the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately. This is a customer facing role where as a Technical Support Engineer you will work to solve product and network problems of low to high complexity and act as a focal point for Customer network problem resolution. As the Technical Support Engineer, you must be able to effectively configure and utilize complex lab setups to duplicate and solve Customer reported problems.
- Intrusion Detection.
- Security tools and technologies.
- Firewall, VPN, IDS and related network security design and implementation; Strong endpoint security experience, including network design, implementation, and management.
- Desired security network, and systems related professional certifications are a plus.
- Microsoft Windows, including ability to troubleshoot services, applications, and drivers
- Linux, Unix.
- Network technologies (firewalls, routers, switches).
- Able to debug problems and deliver solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP etc.)
- Familiar with SSL communication
- Packet trace analysis.
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting end-point solutions
- High skill with most operating system commands/utilities.
- Fundamental understanding of an operating system; for example, understands job control, soft and hard links or shortcuts, distinctions between the kernel and the user environment.
- A minimum of 4-5 years related experience.
- Fluent German and English as a second language
- Additional Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications and operating system fundamentals and writing basic documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work through complex problems and isolate core issues, combined with superb troubleshooting logic.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Enjoys problem solving and displays an eagerness to learn new technologies/skills.