Lawler Sustainability is a successful multi-disciplinary engineering business. We are HQ’d in Kilkenny, with offices in Dublin and London, and a client base that stretches across Ireland, UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Lawler Sustainability was formed in 2008 to provide an integrated approach to reducing clients’ energy consumption, their carbon footprint and increasing sustainability.
We are poised to enter an accelerated growth phase across a number of business sectors, and are seeking professional & enthusiastic Engineers (Intermediate & Senior) to meet the demand for our services.
What we’re offering:
- Fast-moving and challenging roles
- Full time, Permanent
- Close working relationships with senior managers and directors
- The opportunity to work on innovative, challenging, and impactful projects
- Take the lead non Domestic BER assessor and NZEB advisory role with exclusive clients
- Remote working options after probation period
- Excellent career progression in a company that supports your personal and professional development, through internal and external CPD
- Chartership application support
- Competitive salary: dependent on experience
- Attractive working benefits including a company pension scheme/Private Healthcare
- Excellent work life Balance as well as a great culture and company social club
- You will use IES VE to produce thermal models and simulations related to a range of building projects in order to demonstrate regulatory compliance (Building Regulations Part L). You will produce energy calculations, heating analysis and generate building thermal loads.
- You will be part of a highly motivated design team dedicated to reducing the environmental impact of buildings. This will be done by producing technically accurate work and liaising effectively with the rest of the team and using relevant software effectively.
- Carrying out non-domestic BER assessments, and BER upgrade reports, to enable our clients to achieve A or B rated buildings.
- Provide part L and NZEB advice on a range of our projects
- Complete energy audits (SI 426)
- Conduct site inspections and energy surveys
- Design energy retrofit systems
- Work with models such as IES Virtual Environment for daylighting, glint and glare analysis.
- You will assess building services equipment such as HVAC systems,
- electrical systems, controls systems, etc.
- Complete additional training/education where needed
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience in a relevant field
- Mechanical or Sustainability background is advantageous
- 1-2 years experience in Thermal Modelling using IES VE with a solid understanding of MEP services in addition to a general understanding of current Building Regulations including Part L and Part F
- Ability to carry out IES Thermal Modelling / Sustainability / Mechanical / IES VE Heat Loads Energy Calculations
- Experience with cost estimates for renewable energy systems
- Be familiar with the preparation of tender documentation and associated administration.
- Be up to date on energy upgrade projects in line with current best practices (such as IPMVP).
We hope to hear from ambitious engineers looking to work in a company which places a great emphasis on their staff and rewards achievement. If you think you fit what we’re looking for, do not hesitate to apply today!