This is an opportunity to join the Advanced Analytics (AA) team at Maersk Line and drive visible, recognised change as a statistical analyst for this globally respected, industry-leading brand.
The AA team is committed to extracting patterns and insights from data by the application of expert skills, tools and technology. We will give you unique opportunities to apply your cutting-edge knowledge of mathematical and statistical methods to create results and insights that will (continue to) transform our business, moving forward.
As a statistical analyst you will work on various projects with strong support from fellow team members and directly influence business decisions at one of the largest companies in the world. The Advanced Analytics team currently has 8 members specialized in statistical modelling, forecasting and operations research. Due to the consistently growing demand for our competences, the team is expected to continue its current expansion for the foreseeable future.
• Help identify commercially valuable insight opportunities from statistical treatment of data
• Drive/ participate in Advanced Analytics projects, extracting value and creating actionable recommendations
• Interact with business users and internal/external stakeholders and collaboration partners, as necessary
• Spot potential for implementing innovative algorithms and analytical procedures.
Who we are looking for
• A person with at least three years of experience, who has achieved great results from working with mathematical methods in previous roles
• An M.Sc. or PhD degree in statistics, mathematical economics or a related field. Relevant areas of expertise
include, but are not limited to; econometrics, survival analysis, high-dimensional and big data, robust statistics, semi-parametric methods, simulation methods and machine learning.
• Since our analytical problems often take their starting point in large complex data sets, candidates with interest and strong skills in computational methods will be preferred.
• Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills enabling you to; work well in a team, engage successfully with our stakeholders, manage customer expectations and (very importantly) deliver to deadlines.
• High proficiency in both written and oral English is a must
• Prior experience with container industry is preferred, but not required.
Last application date: 31 October 2015.
For further information, please contact: Joanna Czerwiec/ Recruiter at +44 2392564947 or Jan Voetman / Head of Advanced Analytics at +45 33634241.
As applications are reviewed as and when they arrive, the vacancy may be filled sooner than deadlines indicate. If the position is attractive to you, we therefore recommend you apply as early as possible.
Work and Life at Maersk Line, Copenhagen Maersk Line is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to
work from home as appropriate. Our package consists of an externally benchmarked salary and pension scheme and
6 weeks holiday per year. You will work at our corporate headquarters in Copenhagen, support a number of senior and global stakeholders, and partner with (and be supported by) an off-shored analytics team, as well as our strong IT delivery organization.
At A.P. Moller - Maersk we focus on the individual's development and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterized by change and continuous progress. As an employee at our corporate head office, you are also invited to participate in our abundant breakfast and lunch scheme and take advantage of our fully equipped in-house fitness centre, as well as a number of other recreational offers.Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.