To ensure that the highest standards of nursing care are delivered to residents.
To contribute to creating a homely environment where residents are valued.
CareChoice is one of Ireland's leading residential homes for the older person. We provide dedicated care and a safe and welcoming home for all our Residents. Our ethos is to create a home from home for our clients, where they can live life to the full with support and respect, whilst enjoying building relationships with all our staff.
At CareChoice we pride ourselves on having the most passionate Nursing Team in the industry delivering the highest standard of quality care to our residents. Our philosophy is to create a home from home for our residents that focus on their happiness, wellbeing and comfort.
We are currently seeking skilled Registered Staff Nurses to join our Nursing Team who will contribute to delivering the high standards of care to our residents.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assessing, Planning, Implementing and evaluating nursing care
- Prioritising care needs of residents while ensuring care is individualised
- Assisting in Managing the nursing home environment so that it is conducive to meeting the physical, psychological and social needs of residents
- Preparing and Administrating Drugs in line with Company policy and ‘An Bord Altranais’ guidelines
- Ensuring residents hygiene/personal care needs are maintained to the highest standards while maintaining the residents dignity at all time
- Assisting in the safekeeping of residents valuables
- Providing Palliative care for dying residents and support for their relatives
- Candidates must be registered with An Bord Altranais(NMBI)
- Excellent Clinical, Leadership and Organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound decision-making ability
- A qualification in Gerontology desirable, but not essential
What we offer
- Comprehensive induction training
- Free Garda Vetting
- A rewarding working environment, with support from supervisors and managers
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers advice and counseling services, for carers and their immediate families
- Free healthcare uniform - one tunic paid for per year by Carechoice.
- Referral scheme
- Free parking
Full job description is available on application.
CareChoice is an equal opportunities employer.
Due to the high number of applications we only reply to candidates who are shortlisted for interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent