Pramerica are seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join our well established and growing Analysis and Design team. We are a highly collaborative team working in an organised, transparent and adaptive environment. The Analysts and Designers are customer obsessed and drive value for our Business Partners.
Analysis and Design, as part of Pramerica, provides ongoing learning and development with a Flexible work-life fit.
The successful candidate will be working on various value-adding internal initiatives and Business Partner projects.
Enable Informed Decisions
- This is a Business-facing role in which the Business Systems Analyst will be required to develop an understanding of the Business Partner (e.g. Individual Life Insurance, Annuities, Corporate functions etc) and the applications\systems supporting that business.
- The Analyst is expected to quickly and comprehensively evolve their understanding of the domain, the objectives and the challenges so that they can assist senior-level business and technology stakeholders in making informed decisions about which activities or initiatives to tackle and how to tackle them. In addition to ensuring the correct requirements are captured, the Analyst will have a role in making sure the design implemented provides return on investment.
- The Analyst will be required to work across different domains and technologies, as the need arises. The candidate should be able to demonstrate (from prior experience or otherwise) their ability to effectively transition between knowledge domains.
Technical Knowledge & Understanding
- The Analyst needs to have a good appreciation of technology delivery processes and be able to learn the technology in use and its capabilities in meeting the needs of Pramerica. The Analyst will have a sufficient understanding of systems to be able to engage and communicate effectively with System Managers, UX Team, Designers, Developers, Architects and QA regarding requirements.
Focus on the business need\requirement and the benefit\value that will be derived
- The Business Systems Analyst will apply the knowledge acquired to improve and increase the success of the business by working with both the business and technical teams. Key to this role are the skills, abilities and techniques required to act as the 'enabling bridge' between the Business and Systems with the emphasis on representing the business need throughout.
- The Analyst will be capable of working with multiple Business Groups simultaneously in the context of deriving value from the technologies\application\systems available. The Analyst will be expected to act as a Consultant and Advisor to Business Groups in their aim to add value.
- Experience working in an analyst role within a large organization and the awareness of its organisational structures, functions and technologies are required. An appreciation and understanding of system architecture and application\system integration mechanisms is also valuable.
Responsibilities, Tasks and Deliverables
- Engage (elicitation workshops etc) with all Stakeholders to determine, document and validate business and user requirements using relevant and applicable techniques (e.g. user stories & acceptance criteria, business rules, use cases, process flows etc)
- Work with all Stakeholders and Project Management to define the scope and priorities
- Engage with all Stakeholders to create, define and validate business, functional & non-functional requirements using relevant and applicable techniques (prototyping, use case scenarios etc)
- Act as the conduit, 'enabling bridge' and knowledge source between the Business Stakeholders and IT\Operations, effectively communicating requirements and the knowledge gained throughout projects
- Inform, support and verify the solution design process to ensure it aligns with the business requirements
- Assess the impact of any change in requirements and communicate this to Project Management
- Inform, support and verify the User Interface wireframes\design process
- May be expected to define system to system interface requirements where applicable
- Will support and inform the Development, QA and UAT phases and may be required to provide input to QA and UAT test plans
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a recognized third level IT or Business-related qualification
- 3+ years relevant Business System Analysis experience.
- Working in an SDLC is required: Waterfall, Iterative, Agile.
- Experience in some of the following business domains would be an advantage: Individual Life & Group Insurance, Retirement Services, Mutual Funds, Investment Management, Compliance, Human Resources etc
- Facilitating and enabling business change
- Experience with tools relevant to the Analyst role: Excel, Visio, JIRA, HP ALM, iRise\Balsamiq, MS Project, BluePrint Requirements Platform or Modern Requirements Platform would be an advantage
- Working on systems development and interfacing projects is an advantage
- Delivering Technology solutions to Business would be an advantage i.e. familiarity with the concepts involved in Web technologies, Web Services, Analytics etc
- Ability to develop high quality requirements within scheduled time-frame and budget adhering to Pramerica standards
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of handling multiple projects at any one time
- Excellent organizational skills
- Perform all duties in a professional manner
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
- Proven ability to work well with technical and non-technical staff involved in the successful delivery of projects
- Have a positive attitude and take a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment handling the management of issues in a calm, professional and controlled manner
- Proactive attitude, ability to work independently and a desire to continuously learn new skills and technologies
- Ability to direct, moderate and negotiate groups
- Ability to deal with and resolve conflicting as well as competing demands. Flexibility to handle work beyond defined responsibilities.
- Ability to specify, prioritise and organize own work to meet deadlines
- Manage tasks and assignments with little to no supervision
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders