Tesco opened its first store in Hungary in 1995. It currently serves 2,5 million customers a week in its 202 stores and is also Hungary's largest private employer. Tesco is committed to serve Hungarian customers a little better every day. The retailer works with 800 Hungarian suppliers to support their growth and exit into export markets. As a multi-disciplinary organization with a presence in Bengaluru, Central Europe and in the UK, at Tesco Business Services we serve our shoppers a little better every day across markets. Our goal is to create a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardizing processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise direct reports within the Payroll admin team, assist with managing workflow, reconciliation and controls to meet the Business and Internal SLAs of the Payroll admin domain
- Ensure processes are defined and executed in line with the legislative guidelines and company policies. Also, ensure the controls are reviewed on a regular basis and practice measures are implemented to improve delivery and avoid payroll leakage.
- Review and sign off certain critical activities within the Payroll admin team like Payroll closure files, Bacs transmission files, etc.
- Be the second level of escalation for any Technology or processing related issues.
- Manage and lead projects and initiatives based on business requirements.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement to ensure internal hand-offs, ways of working constantly improve.
- Review the change requirements and UAT performed by the teams and provide sign-off on the results for further implementation.
- Drive engagement with key stakeholders, process owners and people teams across representative business units. Report performance metrics of the team on a regular basis and identify opportunities to improve.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and business presentations for supporting senior management.
- Highlight risks and issues to business in a timeline manner. Also, define mitigation plans in order to manage the same.
- Be audit ready and close any pending items highlighted by the Audit team.
- Plan staffing requirements including hiring, resource allocation and induction.
- Conduct performance management conversations for team members including data driven conversations with individuals, performance feedback, developmental feedback, performance rating discussion. Also, create succession planning and career path for team members, reward and recognise the effort and results in a timely manner.
- Mentor and coach team members in order to develop them to taken on bigger roles, better opportunities and deliver efficiently.
- Ensure appropriate learning and development initiatives are in place.
- Handle any staff related queries / grievances in consultation with the HR business partners.
- Training coordination and administration
You will be great in this role if you have:
English and Slovak or Czech knowledge at advanced level
Qualified payroll clerk education
Minimum 3 years of work experience in a Slovak HR environment
Experience in People Management
- Experience in Stakeholder management