Do you want to take on the challenge to participate in the robotic applications development built on our innovative products in the collaborative robot space? Are you an experienced GUI designer with a good sense of user behaviour, and do you have a passion for accomplishing creative tasks in a team? Then you might be our new Senior UI designer in OnRobot R&D!
OnRobot is a dynamic, Danish-owned R&D and manufacturing robotic company with an entrepreneurial mindset and a solid financial background. To provide the most value to our customers, R&D designs and implements collaborative products with true Plug n' Produce functionality. At OnRobot, we take customer feedback seriously, and we actively scan the market for trends and new technologies that can add even more value to our customers.
Do you enjoy breaking down technical complexity in close cooperation with mechanical, electronics, and software engineers when designing and testing new solutions? Are you looking forward to working with brilliant colleagues of a multitude of nationalities? Yes? Well then, we might have a seat for you!
Your main tasks
You will be helping us to create better products mostly by contributing your skills and expertise to:
- Design and develop novel UI features that facilitate robotics.
- Work closely with UX designer to create, prototype, and present simple and elegant end-to-end user flows for new ideas and improvements while illustrating every detail of the interaction and user interface.
- Creating pixel-perfect UI mocks with detailed interactions and working hand-in-hand with engineers to ship the approved ideas to production.
- Contributing to our design system by providing feedback on the existing UI components and reporting missing UI patterns and use cases.
- Soliciting and giving UI feedback to your team members.
You will get our attention if your technical qualifications and experience include:
- 3+ years of hands-on Product Design and UX experience
- Bachelor's Degree in digital user interface design, graphic design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Proven expert with design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC, Figma, etc. with a digital portfolio to support your expertise; experience working, building, and maintaining Design Systems using InVision, Sketch, or Adobe
- Experience in designing and shipping beautiful, usable, and responsive user interfaces
- You have strong design principles and core design values from years of experience, and you can defend your designs while collaborating with partners and absorbing their feedback
- You are fluent in best practices for mobile and responsive design, with experience designing for mobile web and iOS/Android apps
- Industry experience in mobile web and iOS/Android apps
- Solid English skills, written and orally.
Preferably you will also have:
- An outstanding online portfolio that highlights your ability to deliver a compelling creative vision.
- Experience in working with both quantitative and qualitative user research.
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Dropbox, and Slack and experience with design-thinking tools (e.g. Mural).
- Experience with front-end development HTML/CSS, JS/REACT/VUE, etc., and experience working with Agile software development processes.
- Experience with user testing and design research tools such as Google Analytics, Hotjar, CrazyEgg, and UserTesting.
- Experience in creating and ideating multiple UI variations with prototyping first mindset.
- A portfolio showcasing excellent visual design skills.
- 5+ years of hands-on Product Design and UX experience.
To be successful in this position, you should be challenge-driven and passionate about your work. You think creatively and innovatively, and at the same time, you approach your tasks in a highly structured manner. You work well both independently and in cross-functional teams and possess a high level of discipline and self-motivation.
Joining OnRobot will open the opportunities to:
Work with exciting, technology-leading R&D assignments in robotic areas. Work with great talented colleagues in a young, motivated team. Fast-growing by continuous learning and developing professional and soft skills. Competitive salary and benefits package in line with your experience level.
Are you interested?
Please submit a brief application and resume in English to HR@OnRobot.com.