Revenue Optimisation is a high impact transformation programme with an overall vision to build the revenue optimisation capability in Maersk Line to deliver instant relevant rates for our customers, and together with Simplification (another large-scale transformation programme), enable our online journey.
Revenue Optimisation aims to support our market leader position by making it possible to 1) improve response time to changes in market conditions and 2) maximise asset utilisation through constant optimisation.
Revenue Optimisation currently consists of 3 domains (pricing, forecasting and optimisation) with a total of 11 projects, which will deliver the overall vision in unison.
Revenue Optimisation is part of our Trade and Marketing function based in Copenhagen, Denmark. Trade and Marketing is responsible for profitability and strategy for our individual trades. This includes profit and loss, direction-setting, product management, pricing and contracting, market segmentation and yield optimisation.
The Forecasting programme will consist of 4 projects, which will focus on enabling (a) automated, data-driven demand forecasting, and (b) automated, granular capacity forecasting.
As Senior Programme Leader, you have an opportunity to lead a team of project managers for a programme with global impact and high business criticality and visibility. You will be a key member of the programme management team, with significant exposure to senior management, including members of our Liner Management Board, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a range of stakeholders and colleagues across our global organisation. You will stretch your capabilities further by leveraging a community of professional specialists, and coach and spar with programme team members to ensure the most effective solutions and delivery.
Your responsibilities will include the following responsibilities for the Forecasting projects, amongst others:
• Develop a demand and capacity forecast model, ensuring a standardised and aligned source of forecasts to be used across all relevant processes. Facilitated by statisticians, the model is continuously improved to meet business and market changes/needs.
• Manage capabilities and resources in response to changing business dynamics.
• Define and monitor policies and procedures in programme scope.
• Manage the relationship with stakeholders and lead programme governance.
• Manage dependencies.
• Have leadership responsibility for a project team, and ensure people management and development.
• Act as escalation point for issue resolution.
Who we are looking for
• Has minimum 8 years of project or programme management experience for a complex transformation project or programme with regional or global scope (preferably Prince 2 and with leadership responsibility). Please note that this is the minimum only, and we generally expect additional overall work experience.
• Is a natural leader, and skilled at motivating and inspiring others to deliver their best.
• Excels at managing challenging and senior stakeholders, gaining buy-in and building lasting relationships.
• Is adept at facilitation and asking questions, challenging constructively and driving robust problem solving.
• Is strategic and visionary, proactive and collaborative, with an ability to lift beyond functional needs to the bigger picture and results.
• Is self-motivated with a high drive, takes accountability and executes efficiently and effectively.
• Deals well with change and uncertainty, and can assist others in delivering in such an environment.
• Has a Master’s degree in Business, Strategy or related field.
• Proven experience working with Revenue Management, specifically forecasting, either for leading companies or industries with global scope or in our Trade and Marketing, Commercial or Operations functions, is an advantage.
The deadline for submitting applications is 6 November, 2015. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, which may result in the position being filled earlier than the indicated deadline. You thus should apply as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact: HR Partner Jenny Hoest at +45 3363 5138.
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.